Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Presence of oseltamivir-resistant pandemic A/H1N1 minor variants before drug therapy with subsequent selection and transmissionElodie Ghedin
Department of Computational and Systems Biology, Center for Vaccine Research, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Infect Dis 206:1504-11. 2012..These observations provide important information on the relative fitness of the Y275 mutation in the absence of oseltamivir treatment...
- Mixed infection and the genesis of influenza virus diversityElodie Ghedin
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Virol 83:8832-41. 2009..These results reveal that individuals can harbor influenza viruses that differ in major phenotypic properties, including those that are antigenically distinct and those that differ in their sensitivity to antiviral agents...
- Brugia malayi gene expression in response to the targeting of the Wolbachia endosymbiont by tetracycline treatmentElodie Ghedin
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 3:e525. 2009..Elimination of the endosymbiont leads to sterilization of the adult female. Previous biochemical and genetic studies have established that communication with its endobacterium is essential for survival of the worm...
- Deep sequencing reveals mixed infection with 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) virus strains and the emergence of oseltamivir resistanceElodie Ghedin
Center for Vaccine Research, Department of Computational and Systems Biology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Infect Dis 203:168-74. 2011..Immunocompromised individuals may, therefore, constitute an important source of genetic and phenotypic diversity, both through mixed infection and de novo mutation...
- Transcriptomes and pathways associated with infectivity, survival and immunogenicity in Brugia malayi L3Ben Wen Li
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St, Louis, MO 63110, USA
BMC Genomics 10:267. 2009..Radiation effects are especially interesting because irradiated L3 induce partial immunity to filarial infections. The underlying molecular mechanisms responsible for the efficacy of such vaccines are unkown...
- Unseasonal transmission of H3N2 influenza A virus during the swine-origin H1N1 pandemicElodie Ghedin
Center for Vaccine Research, Department of Computational Biology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Virol 84:5715-8. 2010..These results suggest that the unseasonal transmission of influenza A viruses may be more widespread than is usually supposed...
- Whole-genome analysis of human influenza A virus reveals multiple persistent lineages and reassortment among recent H3N2 virusesEdward C Holmes
Center for Infectious Disease Dynamics, Department of Biology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania, USA
PLoS Biol 3:e300. 2005....
- The role of RNA folding free energy in the evolution of the polymerase genes of the influenza A virusRachel Brower-Sinning
Department of Computational Biology, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Genome Biol 10:R18. 2009..Current efforts to understand the host-specificity of the virus have largely focused on the amino acid differences between avian and human isolates...
- Draft genome of the filarial nematode parasite Brugia malayiElodie Ghedin
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Science 317:1756-60. 2007..malayi to niches in its human and vector hosts and insights into the molecular basis of a mutualistic relationship with its Wolbachia endosymbiont. These findings offer a foundation for rational drug design...