Genomes and Genes
Amin S Ghabrial
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- A sweet spot in the FGFR signal transduction pathwayAmin S Ghabrial
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Sci Signal 5:pe1. 2012..Embryos lacking maternal and zygotic nst gene products show defective O-GlcNAcylation of a fibroblast growth factor receptor (FGFR)-specific adaptor protein, which impairs FGFR-dependent migration of mesodermal and tracheal cells...
- A systematic screen for tube morphogenesis and branching genes in the Drosophila tracheal systemAmin S Ghabrial
Department of Biochemistry, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
PLoS Genet 7:e1002087. 2011....
- Social interactions among epithelial cells during tracheal branching morphogenesisAmin S Ghabrial
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5307, USA
Nature 441:746-9. 2006..There may also be cooperation between budding cells, because in a mosaic epithelium, cells that cannot respond to the chemoattractant, or respond only poorly, allow other cells in the epithelium to move ahead of them...
- Drosophila talin and integrin genes are required for maintenance of tracheal terminal branches and luminal organizationBoaz P Levi
Department of Biochemistry and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5307, USA
Development 133:2383-93. 2006..Similar complexes may stabilize other tubular networks and may be targeted for inactivation during network remodeling events...
- Focal defects in single-celled tubes mutant for Cerebral cavernous malformation 3, GCKIII, or NSF2Yanjun Song
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Perelman School of Medicine, BRBII III Room 1214, 421 Curie Boulevard, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Cell 25:507-19. 2013..Ectopic junctional and apical proteins are present in wheezy terminal cells, and we show that tube dilation is suppressed by reduction of NSF2, of the apical determinant Crumbs, or of septate junction protein Varicose...
- Whacked and Rab35 polarize dynein-motor-complex-dependent seamless tube growthJodi Schottenfeld-Roames
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 421 Curie Boulevard, 1214 BRB II III, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nat Cell Biol 14:386-93. 2012..Thus, vesicle trafficking has key roles in making and shaping seamless tubes...
- Tube continued: morphogenesis of the Drosophila tracheal systemJodi Schottenfeld
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, 1214 BRBII III, 421 Curie Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Curr Opin Cell Biol 22:633-9. 2010....
- Osmotic regulation of seamless tube growthJodi Schottenfeld-Roames
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Nat Cell Biol 15:137-9. 2013....
- Competition and morphogenesis in tip cell-mediated branching of tubular networksAmin S Ghabrial; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal aims to use Drosophila tracheal branching as a model to uncover the genetic and molecular mechanisms by which tip cells are selected and by which they lead outgrowth of new tubes. ..