Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Neuroimaging studies of language production and comprehensionMorton Ann Gernsbacher
Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Annu Rev Psychol 54:91-114. 2003..We conclude the chapter by discussing the future of neuroimaging research into language production and comprehension...
- Infant and toddler oral- and manual-motor skills predict later speech fluency in autismMorton Ann Gernsbacher
University of Wisconsin Madison, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 49:43-50. 2008..Spoken and gestural communication proficiency varies greatly among autistic individuals. Three studies examined the role of oral- and manual-motor skill in predicting autistic children's speech development...
- Gaze fixation and the neural circuitry of face processing in autismKim M Dalton
Waisman Center, University of Wisconsin, 1500 Highland Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53705 2280, USA
Nat Neurosci 8:519-26. 2005..In addition, variation in eye fixation within autistic individuals was strongly and positively associated with amygdala activation across both studies, suggesting a heightened emotional response associated with gaze fixation in autism...
- A comparison of contexts for assessing joint attention in toddlers on the autism spectrumElizabeth M Roos
Waisman Center, University of Wisconsin Madison, WI 53705, USA
Autism 12:275-91. 2008....
- Genetic variance for autism screening items in an unselected sample of toddler-age twinsRebecca L H Stilp
Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:267-76. 2010....
- Outcome measures for clinical drug trials in autismMichael G Aman
Department of Psychology, Nisonger Center, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210 1257, USA
CNS Spectr 9:36-47. 2004..It is often appropriate to include laboratory tests and assessments for continence and sleep pattern...
- The advantage of first mention in Korean the temporal contributions of syntactic, semantic, and pragmatic factorsSung Il Kim
Department of Education, Korea University, South Korea
J Psycholinguist Res 33:475-91. 2004..Pragmatic factors (the order of mention) strongly influenced accessibility immediately and through the longest delay, whereas syntactic and semantic factors had little effect...
- The level and nature of autistic intelligenceMichelle Dawson
Pervasive Developmental Disorders Specialized Clinic, Hôpital Rivière des Prairies, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Psychol Sci 18:657-62. 2007..We conclude that intelligence has been underestimated in autistics...