Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Can a school-based hand hygiene program reduce asthma exacerbations among elementary school children?Lynn B Gerald
Division of Health Promotion Sciences, Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, Arizona Respiratory Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724 5163, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 130:1317-24. 2012..Regular hand washing is the most effective method to prevent the spread of viral respiratory tract infections, but effective hand-washing practices are difficult to establish in schools...
- Changes in environmental tobacco smoke exposure and asthma morbidity among urban school childrenLynn B Gerald
University of Arizona, Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, 1295 N Martin, Tucson, AZ, 85724 5162, USA
Chest 135:911-6. 2009..This article documents the relationship between changes in ETS exposure and childhood asthma morbidity among children enrolled in a clinical trial of supervised asthma therapy...
- Redesigning a large school-based clinical trial in response to changes in community practiceLynn B Gerald
Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, and the Arizona Respiratory Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, USA
Clin Trials 8:311-9. 2011..Therefore, we designed a study to evaluate the effect of hand sanitizer use in elementary schools on exacerbations among children with asthma...
- Peak flow measurements in children with asthma: what happens at school?Roni Grad
Pediatrics, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724 5073, USA
J Asthma 46:535-40. 2009..Self-monitoring of symptoms or peak flow monitoring (PFM) is recommended for all asthma patients and is commonly included in asthma management plans. Limited data are available documenting PFM outcomes in school settings...
- VALIDATION OF SCHOOL BASED ASTHMA SCREENING PROGRAMLynn Gerald; Fiscal Year: 2001..Such screening procedures can lead to decreases in asthma morbidity and mortality by identifying children with undiagnosed asthma. ..
- Effectiveness of School Based Supervised Asthma TherapyLynn Gerald; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our long-term collaborative relationships and current work within our city school systems provide a strong foundation for this proposal. ..
- Effectiveness of the TB Contact Priority ModelLynn Gerald; Fiscal Year: 2007....