Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Codon 54 polymorphism of the fatty acid binding protein (FABP) 2 gene is associated with increased cardiovascular risk in the dyslipidemic diabetic participants of the Veterans Affairs HDL intervention trial (VA-HIT)Angeliki Georgopoulos
Medicine Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Atherosclerosis 194:169-74. 2007..0002). We conclude that based on the VA-HIT data, the Thr-54 polymorphism of the FABP2 gene is associated with a 2-3.5-fold increase in cardiovascular risk in dyslipidemic men with diabetes compared to their non-diabetic counterparts...
- Unlike type 2 diabetes, type 1 does not interact with the codon 54 polymorphism of the fatty acid binding protein 2 geneAngeliki Georgopoulos
Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:3735-9. 2002..Insulin resistance could account possibly for this difference...
- Comparison of ultracentrifugation and nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy in the quantification of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins after an oral fat loadMichael Y Tsai
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Clin Chem 50:1201-4. 2004....
- Synchronous neural interactions assessed by magnetoencephalography: a functional biomarker for brain disordersApostolos P Georgopoulos
Brain Sciences Center, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
J Neural Eng 4:349-55. 2007....
- Polymorphisms in the fatty acid-binding protein 2 and apolipoprotein C-III genes are associated with the metabolic syndrome and dyslipidemia in a South Indian populationJean Marc Guettier
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Nutrition, One Veteran s Drive, Mail Code 111G, VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:1705-11. 2005..The polymorphisms were not associated with MS in patients with diabetes. The association of the polymorphisms with MS and dyslipidemia could contribute to the high cardiovascular disease prevalence in this population...
- The number of cysteine residues per mole in apolipoprotein E affects systematically synchronous neural interactions in women's healthy brainsArthur C Leuthold
Brain Sciences Center 11B, Department of Veterans Affairs, Minneapolis Health Care System, One Veterans Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Exp Brain Res 226:525-36. 2013....
- A high-fat diet and the threonine-encoding allele (Thr54) polymorphism of fatty acid-binding protein 2 reduce plasma triglyceride-rich lipoproteinsSteven P McColley
Department of Food Science and Nutrition at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Nutr Res 31:503-8. 2011..The alanine-encoding allele did not influence the dietary effects on the plasma lipids...
- Humoral responses to oxidized low-density lipoprotein and related bacterial antigens after pneumococcal vaccineJohn T Nguyen
Cardiology Section, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Veterans Affair Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minn, USA
Transl Res 150:172-9. 2007..The vaccine did not augment antibodies to CWPS, to its component phosphorylcholine, or to oxLDL, which are antibodies that have been proposed to modify the uptake of oxLDL by macrophages and the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis...
- Effect of desirable fasting triglycerides on the postprandial response to dietary fatMichael Miller
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Investig Med 51:50-5. 2003..The National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) recently revised the "desirable" fasting triglyceride (TG) to < 150 mg/dL, and levels exceeding 200 mg/dL are defined as "high."..