Robert Maximilian Genta
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Differential diagnosis of reactive gastropathyRobert M Genta
Department of Pathology, Geneva University Hospitals, Switzerland
Semin Diagn Pathol 22:273-83. 2005....
- The gastric mucosa in gastric cancer patients in a low-incidence areaRobert M Genta
Pathology and Laboratory Service, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75216, USA
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 18:1085-93. 2006..We hypothesized that such lesions would be less prevalent in European gastric cancer patients...
- Prevalence and determinants of histological abnormalities of the gastric cardia in volunteersHashem B El-Serag
Section of Gastroenterology, Houston Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Scand J Gastroenterol 42:1158-66. 2007..There have been no studies on non-patient populations. The aim of this study was to mitigate the potential effects of selection bias...
- Advanced precancerous lesions in the small bowel mucosaRobert M Genta
Miraca Life Sciences Research Institute, Irving, TX, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 27:225-33. 2013..Therefore, the follow up and management of these patients is discussed with particular emphasis on the occurrence of dysplasia in the small bowel mucosa of the post-restorative proctocolectomy patients. ..
- Editorial: no bugs bugging you? Emerging insights into Helicobacter-negative gastritisRobert M Genta
Miraca Life Sciences Research Institute, Miraca Life Sciences, Irving, TX 75039, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 108:72-4. 2013....
- Lymphocytic oesophagitis: clinicopathological aspects of an emerging conditionSalima Haque
Caris Diagnostics, 6655 North MacArthur Boulevard Irving, TX 75039, USA
Gut 61:1108-14. 2012..The authors sought to determine the prevalence of LyE in a large population and define demographic, endoscopic and clinical findings associated with this condition...
- Helicobacter pylori-negative gastritis: seek, yet ye shall not always findRobert Maximilian Genta
Caris Research Institute, Irving, TX 75039, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 34:e25-34. 2010..pylori infection. The latter group includes reactive gastropathy with focal activity, focally active gastritis and carditis, autoimmune gastritis, granulomatous gastritis, lymphocytic gastritis, and other infections...
- Assessing risks for gastric cancer: new tools for pathologistsRobert M Genta
Pathology and Laboratory Service 113, VA North Texas Health Care System, 4500 S Lancaster Road, Dallas, TX 75216, USA
World J Gastroenterol 12:5622-7. 2006..Such an integrated report could facilitate clinicians' approach to the management of patients with gastric conditions...
- The Los Angeles and Savary-Miller systems for grading esophagitis: utilization and correlation with histologyR M Genta
Department of Gastrointestinal Pathology, Caris Research Institute, Irving, Texas, USA
Dis Esophagus 24:10-7. 2011....
- No association between gastric fundic gland polyps and gastrointestinal neoplasia in a study of over 100,000 patientsRobert M Genta
Division of Gastrointestinal Pathology, Caris Diagnostics, Irving, Texas, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 7:849-54. 2009..The presence of FGPs has been inversely correlated with Helicobacter pylori infection. We evaluated the prevalence of H pylori-associated gastritis, colonic polyps, and carcinomas in subjects with and without FGPs...
- Gastric foveolar metaplasia and gastric heterotopia in the duodenum: no evidence of an etiologic role for Helicobacter pyloriRobert M Genta
Caris Diagnostics, Gastrointestinal Pathology, Irving, TX 75039, USA
Hum Pathol 41:1593-600. 2010..Gastric heterotopia is likely a congenital lesion; its association with fundic gland polyps suggests that use of proton pump inhibitors may enhance its endoscopic detection...
- Signet-ring cell carcinoma in gastric biopsies: expecting the unexpectedChristopher P Golembeski
Miraca Life Sciences Research Institute, Irving, Texas, USA
J Clin Pathol 66:136-9. 2013....
- Management of gastric polyps: a pathology-based guide for gastroenterologistsSusanne W Carmack
Veterans Affairs North Texas Health Care System, University of Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:331-41. 2009..The endoscopic characteristics, histopathology, pathogenesis, and management recommendations of polyps and common polypoid lesions in the stomach are discussed in this Review...
- The current spectrum of gastric polyps: a 1-year national study of over 120,000 patientsSusanne W Carmack
Department of Pathology, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 104:1524-32. 2009..To use a large pathology database (Caris Diagnostics) to analyze the frequency and associations of gastric polyps in a nationwide US population...
- Effects of 6-12 months of esomeprazole treatment on the gastric mucosaRobert M Genta
Department of Pathology, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Gastroenterol 98:1257-65. 2003..The aim of this study was to determine the effect of 6-12 months of treatment with esomeprazole on the histopathology of the gastric mucosa...
- Gastroesophageal reflux might cause esophagitis through a cytokine-mediated mechanism rather than caustic acid injuryRhonda F Souza
Department of Medicine, VA North Texas Health Care System and University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Irving, Texas, USA
Gastroenterology 137:1776-84. 2009....
- Effects of Helicobacter pylori infection on the link between regenerating gene expression and serum gastrin levels in Mongolian gerbilsHirokazu Fukui
Department of Pathology, Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Lab Invest 83:1777-86. 2003..The Reg gene is associated with hypergastrinemia and fundic mucosal inflammation and may be involved in H. pylori-induced gastritis...
- Acid and bile salt-induced CDX2 expression differs in esophageal squamous cells from patients with and without Barrett's esophagusXiaofang Huo
Department of Medicine, VA North Texas Health Care System and the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas, USA
Gastroenterology 139:194-203.e1. 2010..We hypothesized that differences among individuals in molecular pathways activated when esophageal squamous epithelium is exposed to reflux underlie the development of Barrett's metaplasia...
- Gastric cardiac polyps: a clinicopathologic study of 330 casesShelby D Melton
Caris Research Institute, Caris Life Sciences, Irving, TX, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 34:1792-7. 2010..They are benign and are not uniquely associated with esophagitis, Barrett esophagus, gastroesophageal reflux disease, reactive gastropathy, or gastritis, with or without H. pylori...
- Genomic fingerprinting and genotyping of Helicobacter pylori strains from patients with duodenal ulcer or gastric cancer from different geographic regionsLi Li
Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Dig Dis Sci 47:2512-8. 2002..We did not detect any association between disease presentation and H. pylori genotypes using either DNA fingerprinting or candidate single gene virulence factors...
- Gastric mucosa: long-term outcome after cure of Helicobacter pylori infectionFrancesco Franceschi
Department of Pathology, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Gastroenterol 37:17-23. 2002..Finally, some extragastric idiopathic diseases seem to improve in consequence of the eradication of the infection, although there are still no definitive data to support this...
- Helicobacter pylori seroprevalence in symptomatic veterans: a study of 7310 patients over 11 yearsSusanne W Carmack
Department of Pathology, Veterans Affairs North Texas Health Care System, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas, USA
Helicobacter 14:298-302. 2009..The prevalence of Helicobacter pylori infection has been decreasing in the USA, but recent data are lacking. This study evaluates the seroprevalence for anti-H. pylori antibodies in symptomatic veterans tested over the past 11 years...
- The diagnostic value of the duodenal biopsy: a clinico-pathologic analysis of 28,000 patientsSusanne W Carmack
Division of Gastrointestinal Pathology, Caris Diagnostics, Irving, TX 75063, USA
Dig Liver Dis 42:485-9. 2010..Duodenal biopsies are frequently obtained to investigate malabsorption, diarrhoea, and anemia. The proportion of patients who have duodenal biopsies and their diagnostic yield are unclear...
- Cross-reactivity of anti-CagA antibodies with vascular wall antigens: possible pathogenic link between Helicobacter pylori infection and atherosclerosisFrancesco Franceschi
Department of Pathology, VA Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Tex 77030, USA
Circulation 106:430-4. 2002..However, the pathogenesis is still undetermined. The aim of this study was to determine whether anti-CagA antibodies cross-react with antigens of normal and atherosclerotic arteries...
- Esophagitis dissecans superficialis ("sloughing esophagitis"): a clinicopathologic study of 12 casesSusanne W Carmack
Department of Pathology, VA North Texas Health Care System, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:1789-94. 2009..Although an association with medications, skin conditions, heavy smoking, and physical trauma has been reported, the pathogenesis of EDS remains unexplained...
- Thoughts on the complex relationship between gastroesophageal reflux disease and eosinophilic esophagitisStuart Jon Spechler
Department of Medicine, Dallas Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75216, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 102:1301-6. 2007..Furthermore, we suggest that a favorable response to PPI therapy does not preclude a diagnosis of eosinophilic esophagitis...
- Staging and grading of chronic gastritisMassimo Rugge
Department of Oncological and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, Italy
Hum Pathol 36:228-33. 2005..This system could offer gastroenterologists a more immediate perception of the overall condition of the gastric mucosa while also providing useful information about gastric cancer risk...
- The gastritis connection: prevention and early detection of gastric neoplasmsRobert M Genta
Pathologie Clinique, HUG, Rue Micheli du Crest, 24 CH 1211, Geneve 14, Switzerland
J Clin Gastroenterol 36:S44-9; discussion S61-2. 2003....
- Association between gastric atrophy and Helicobacter pylori infection in Japanese children: a retrospective multicenter studySeiichi Kato
Department of Pediatrics, Tohoku University School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai, 980 8574, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 51:99-104. 2006..H. pylori-induced gastric inflammation can cause atrophy in Japanese children, predominantly in the antrum. It remains to be determined whether H. pylori-infected children with gastric atrophy are at increased risk for gastric cancer...
- Helicobacter pylori strain and the pattern of gastritis among first-degree relatives of patients with gastric carcinomaLi Li
Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Helicobacter 7:349-55. 2002..Relatives of gastric cancer patients have an increased risk of gastric cancer, possibly related to genetically-related strains of Helicobacter pylori or a common environment...
- Hepatitis C virus and gastric mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue: has proteus reached the stomach?Francesco Negro
J Clin Gastroenterol 38:309-10. 2004
- Helicobacter pylori and idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpuraFrancesco Franceschi
Ann Intern Med 140:766-7. 2004
- [Histological diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori using biopsy specimens]Hiroyoshi Ota
Department of Medical Technology, School of Allied Medical Sciences, Shinshu University
Nihon Rinsho 61:61-5. 2003..pylori(i.e. Giemsa staining, Gimenez staining, silver staining, and immunostaining) in addition to HE staining...
- Childhood GERD is a risk factor for GERD in adolescents and young adultsHashem B El-Serag
Section of Health Services Research, The Houston Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 99:806-12. 2004..Whether GERD in childhood progresses or predisposes to GERD in adulthood remains unknown...
- Gastroesophageal reflux among different racial groups in the United StatesHashem B El-Serag
Section of Gastroenterology, Houston Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center 152, 2002 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Gastroenterology 126:1692-9. 2004..It remains unknown whether this racial discrepancy reflects a higher prevalence of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) symptoms or a higher degree of esophageal damage...
- Napoleon Bonaparte's gastric cancer: a clinicopathologic approach to staging, pathogenesis, and etiologyAlessandro Lugli
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital of Basel, Switzerland
Nat Clin Pract Gastroenterol Hepatol 4:52-7. 2007..We aimed to determine the etiology and pathogenesis of Napoleon's illness by a comparison of historical information with current clinicopathologic knowledge...
- Non-invasive neoplasia of the stomachMassimo Rugge
Department of Oncological and Surgical Sciences Pathology Unit, Universita degli Studi di Padova, Italy
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 17:1191-6. 2005..The molecular profile of NiN is summarized and the spectrum of the options in the clinical management of gastric NiN are reported...
- Staging gastritis: an international proposalMassimo Rugge
Gastroenterology 129:1807-8. 2005
- Helicobacter pylori infection in patients with celiac diseaseVincenzo Villanacci
2nd Pathology Section, Spedali Civili, Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Am J Gastroenterol 101:1880-5. 2006..pylori-infected and noninfected patients...
- Pattern of transcription factor activation in Helicobacter pylori-infected Mongolian gerbilsTakahiko Kudo
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Gastroenterology 132:1024-38. 2007..We investigated the roles of transcription factors in the gastric mucosa of H pylori-infected gerbils over the course of the infection...
- The pathology of gastric cardia: a prospective, endoscopic, and morphologic studyRenzo Cestari
Surgical Endoscopy Unit, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Perugia School of Medicine, Italy
Am J Surg Pathol 31:706-10. 2007..05). A good correlation between carditis and GERD, concerning symptoms and macroscopic esophagitis was found in this study. H. pylori-related carditis is likely to be differently compared with the GERD-related type...
- Where have all the Helicobacters gone?Robert M Genta
J Clin Gastroenterol 41:727-8. 2007
- Indicting the test to acquit the tester: a pedant's viewpointRobert M Genta
J Clin Gastroenterol 35:207-8. 2002