Jean Guido Gehricke
Affiliation: University of California
- Prefrontal hemodynamic changes during cigarette smoking in young adult smokers with and without ADHDJEAN G GEHRICKE
University of California Irvine, Department of Pediatrics, Irvine, CA, USA Electronic address
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 112:78-81. 2013..The findings highlight the importance of smoking cessation, in particular in those smokers who use nicotine to self-medicate ADHD symptoms. ..
- Reduced facial expression and social context in major depression: discrepancies between facial muscle activity and self-reported emotionJ Gehricke
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, 760 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Psychiatry Res 95:157-67. 2000....
- Facial and autonomic activity in depression: social context differences during imageryJ G Gehricke
Department of Psychology and Social Behavior, University of California, Irvine, 334 Social Ecology II, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Int J Psychophysiol 41:53-64. 2001..Social context differences in heart rate and a lack thereof of frowning during sad imagery may indicate an altered psychosocial functioning in depression...
- Differentiating between reflex and spontaneous blinks using simultaneous recording of the orbicularis oculi electromyogram and the electro-oculogram in startle researchJean Guido Gehricke
Department of Psychology and Social Behavior, University of California, Irvine, 3340 Social Ecology II, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Int J Psychophysiol 44:261-8. 2002..Simultaneous recording of OO-EMG and EOG can distinguish reflex from spontaneous blinks and lid saccades in populations, e.g. children, that cannot tolerate head restraint and in experiments permitting or requiring movement...
- Smoking to self-medicate attentional and emotional dysfunctionsJEAN G GEHRICKE
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, D402 Medical Sciences I, Irvine, California 92697 1674, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 9:S523-36. 2007....
- Nicotine-induced brain metabolism associated with anger provocationJEAN G GEHRICKE
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California, Irvine, 19722 MacArthur Blvd, Irvine, California 92612, USA
Behav Brain Funct 5:19. 2009..These findings reveal the underlying brain circuitry targeted by nicotine during anger provocation...
- Effects of transdermal nicotine on symptoms, moods, and cardiovascular activity in the everyday lives of smokers and nonsmokers with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderJEAN G GEHRICKE
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California 92612, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 23:644-55. 2009....
- ADHD medication reduces cotinine levels and withdrawal in smokers with ADHDJEAN G GEHRICKE
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Irvine, CA 92612, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 98:485-91. 2011..The findings of the present study suggest that, along with other strategies, ADHD medication may be used to aid smoking withdrawal and cessation in smokers with ADHD...
- Smiling, frowning, and autonomic activity in mildly depressed and nondepressed men in response to emotional imagery of social contextsJean Guido Gehricke
Department of Psychology and Social Behavior, University of California, Irvine 92697, USA
Percept Mot Skills 94:141-51. 2002..Depressed mood may affect heart rate during sad imagery but may not alter facial muscle activity and self:reported emotion in men...
- The Reinforcing Mechanisms of Smoking in Adult ADHDJEAN GEHRICKE; Fiscal Year: 2007....