J S Gearon
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Traumatic life events and PTSD among women with substance use disorders and schizophreniaJean S Gearon
University of Maryland School of Medicine, and VA Maryland Health Care System, 10 North Greene Street, Suite 6A MIRECC, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:523-8. 2003..The association between PTSD and specific traumatic life events was also examined...
- Preliminary reliability and validity of the Clinician-Administered PTSD Scale for schizophreniaJean S Gearon
Veterans Affairs, Capitol Health Care Network, Mental Illness Research Education Clinical Center, and Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 72:121-5. 2004..There is also preliminary evidence of discriminant validity. These results support the use of the CAPS-S in women with schizophrenia...
- Women with schizophrenia and co-occurring substance use disorders: an increased risk for violent victimization and HIVJ S Gearon
University of Maryland Baltimore, Department of Psychiatry, 21201 1549, USA
Community Ment Health J 35:401-19. 1999..Given the potential increased vulnerability of this population to these negative outcomes, empirically based manualized preventive interventions are greatly needed...
- Sex differences in illness presentation, course, and level of functioning in substance-abusing schizophrenia patientsJ S Gearon
University of Maryland School of Medicine, 737 W Lombard Street, 21201 1549, Baltimore, MD, USA
Schizophr Res 43:65-70. 2000..Collectively, these findings highlight the need for additional research and the development of more effective treatment interventions for this population of women...
- Drug-use behavior and correlates in people with schizophreniaJ S Gearon
University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA
Addict Behav 26:51-61. 2001..There were no differences between the two schizophrenia groups in psychiatric symptoms or level of functioning. The treatment implications of these findings are discussed...
- Gender differences in drug use behavior in people with serious mental illnessesJean S Gearon
The University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA
Am J Addict 12:229-41. 2003....
- Substance abuse treatment for people with schizophreniaA S Bellack
Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland Baltimore 21201 1549, USA
Addict Behav 23:749-66. 1998..Future studies will examine the effectiveness of the intervention...
- Treating substance abuse in schizophrenia. An initial reportM E Bennett
Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine and VA Capital Network Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 20:163-75. 2001..Implications for the treatment are discussed...
- Generalization of training effects in schizophreniaA S Bellack
VA Capitol Network MIRECC, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 737 West Lombard Street, 21201, Baltimore, MD, USA
Schizophr Res 48:255-62. 2001..56, P<0.05). The implications of these findings for rehabilitation programs were discussed, and recommendations were made for future research...
- A randomized clinical trial of a new behavioral treatment for drug abuse in people with severe and persistent mental illnessAlan S Bellack
University of Maryland School of Medicine and Veterans Affairs Capitol Health Care Network Mental Illness Research, Education, Baltimore, 21201, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 63:426-32. 2006..Drug abuse by people with severe mental disorder is a significant public health problem for which there is no empirically validated treatment...
- Development of a comprehensive measure to assess clinical issues in dual diagnosis patients: The Substance Use Event Survey for Severe Mental IllnessMelanie E Bennett
Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 737 West Lombard Street, Suite 551, Baltimore, Maryland, 21201, USA
Addict Behav 31:2249-67. 2006..The SUESS appears to be a useful assessment that is tolerated and understood by dual diagnosis patients, and shows good preliminary reliability and validity...
- WOMEN WITH SCHIZOPHRENIA AND SUBSTANCE ABUSEJEAN GEARON; Fiscal Year: 2002....