Affiliation: University of Virginia
- Effect of generalist preceptor specialty in a third-year clerkship on career choiceJohn D Gazewood
University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Fam Med 34:673-7. 2002..This study determined if the specialty of an assigned generalist preceptor during a third-year ambulatory clerkship affected medical students' choice of a generalist career...
- Geriatrics in family practice residency education: an unmet challengeJohn D Gazewood
Department of Family Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, USA
Fam Med 35:30-4. 2003..The leadership of family medicine organizations should collaboratively address the need for continued improvement in training our residents to care for older patients and the chronically ill...
- Negative antigen test misses <5% of strep pharyngitisJohn Gazewood
Department of Family Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA, USA
J Fam Pract 52:761-2. 2003
- Beyond the horizon: the role of academic health centers in improving the health of rural communitiesJohn D Gazewood
Department of Family Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Acad Med 81:793-7. 2006..At a time when many AHCs are operating in an environment with dwindling resources, it is even more critical for AHCs to build creative partnerships to help meet the needs of their regional communities...
- Predoctoral directors: who are they and what do they do in these trying times?John Gazewood
Department of Family Medicine, University of Virginia, Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Fam Med 39:171-7. 2007..Academic success will be important for predoctoral directors to be effective leaders in academic health centers. We therefore sought to describe predoctoral directors and factors associated with their academic success...
- The glass is half full: geriatric precepting encounters in family medicineLisa K Rollins
Department of Family Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Gerontol Geriatr Educ 30:341-50. 2009..We conclude that resident continuity clinics are a source of geriatric education...
- Teaching students behavior change skills: description and assessment of a new Motivational interviewing curriculumLaura L White
School of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Med Teach 29:e67-71. 2007..We introduced a motivational interviewing curriculum into our medical school for first and third year students and then evaluated the effect of this curriculum on third year students counseling skills...