Simon A Gayther
Affiliation: University of Southern California
- Novel three-dimensional in vitro models of ovarian endometriosisDoerthe Brueggmann
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Harlyne Norris Research Tower, NRT2517G, 1450 Biggy Street, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
J Ovarian Res 7:17. 2014..The goal of this study was to develop a novel three-dimensional (3D) cell culture model of ovarian endometriosis and to test whether it is more reflective of endometriosis biology than traditional two dimensional (2D) monolayer cultures...
- In vitro three-dimensional modeling of fallopian tube secretory epithelial cellsKate Lawrenson
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, 1450 Biggy Street, Los Angeles, California
BMC Cell Biol 14:43. 2013....
- Common variants at 12p11, 12q24, 9p21, 9q31.2 and in ZNF365 are associated with breast cancer risk for BRCA1 and/or BRCA2 mutation carriersAntonis C Antoniou
Centre for Cancer Genetic Epidemiology, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, Worts Causeway, Cambridge CB1 8RN, UK
Breast Cancer Res 14:R33. 2012..2)...
- Inherited risk of ovarian cancer and the implications for screeningSimon A Gayther
Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 22:S12-5. 2012....
- Combined and interactive effects of environmental and GWAS-identified risk factors in ovarian cancerCeleste Leigh Pearce
Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 22:880-90. 2013..However, the interplay between such risk factors and susceptibility loci has not been studied...
- Biomarker-based ovarian carcinoma typing: a histologic investigation in the ovarian tumor tissue analysis consortiumMartin Köbel
Authors Affiliations Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Department of Population Health Research, Alberta Health Services Cancer Care and Department of Medical Genetics, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Department of Medical Oncology Division of Anatomic Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology Division of Biomedical Statistics and Informatics, Department of Health Science Research Division of Experimental Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology Division of Epidemiology, Department of Health Science Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota Biostatistics and Informatics Shared Resource, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston, Texas Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, New York Women s Cancer Research Center, Magee Womens Research Institute, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Department of Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Gynaecological Cancer Research Centre, Women s Cancer, UCL EGA Institute for Women s Health Department of Pathology, Cancer Institute, UCL, London, United Kingdom and Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 22:1677-86. 2013..Our aim was to evaluate histologic type assessments across the centers participating in the Ovarian Tumor Tissue Analysis (OTTA) consortium using an immunohistochemical (IHC) prediction model...
- Epigenetic analysis leads to identification of HNF1B as a subtype-specific susceptibility gene for ovarian cancerHui Shen
USC Epigenome Center, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Nat Commun 4:1628. 2013..These findings underscore distinct mechanisms driving different epithelial ovarian cancer histological subtypes...
- Association between endometriosis and risk of histological subtypes of ovarian cancer: a pooled analysis of case-control studiesCeleste Leigh Pearce
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Lancet Oncol 13:385-94. 2012..We undertook an international collaborative study to assess the association between endometriosis and histological subtypes of ovarian cancer...
- Hormone-receptor expression and ovarian cancer survival: an Ovarian Tumor Tissue Analysis consortium studyWeiva Sieh
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Health Research and Policy, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Lancet Oncol 14:853-62. 2013..We examined whether tumour expression of the progesterone receptor (PR) and oestrogen receptor (ER) was associated with subtype-specific survival...
- Ovarian cancer susceptibility alleles and risk of ovarian cancer in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriersSusan J Ramus
Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, California, USA
Hum Mutat 33:690-702. 2012..The identification of multiple loci modifying ovarian cancer risk may be useful for counseling women with BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations regarding their risk of ovarian cancer...
- Genetic variation in insulin-like growth factor 2 may play a role in ovarian cancer riskCeleste Leigh Pearce
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Hum Mol Genet 20:2263-72. 2011..25). IGF2 is emerging as an important gene for ovarian cancer; additional genotyping is warranted to further confirm these associations with IGF2 and to narrow down the region harboring the causal SNP...