Affiliation: University of Miami
- Anesthesia for pediatric ocular surgerySteven Gayer
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 900 Northwest 17th Street, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Ophthalmol Clin North Am 19:269-78. 2006..In this article, we will review pertinent anesthesia issues within the context of various ophthalmic diseases...
- Perioperative management of the elderly undergoing eye surgerySteven Gayer
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Miami s Miller School of Medicine, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, 900 Northwest 17th Street, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Clin Geriatr Med 24:687-700, ix. 2008..The role of the internist in the preoperative evaluation and optimization of medical issues before surgery and availability for perioperative consultation and intercession is increasingly essential...
- Local anesthesia with intravenous sedation for surgical repair of selected open globe injuriesIngrid U Scott
Department of Ophthalmology, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami, School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 134:707-11. 2002..To report factors associated with the use of local anesthesia with intravenous sedation (local anesthesia/sedation) rather than general anesthesia for surgery for open globe injuries in adult reparable eyes...
- Ocular decompression devices: liquid mercury balloon vs the tungsten powder balloonSteven Gayer
ABLEH, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 142:500-1. 2006..To determine if an intraocular pressure (IOP)-reducing device containing tungsten powder decreases pressure comparably to the traditional mercury-containing apparatus...
- Targeting operating room inefficiencies in the complex management of vision-threatening diseases in childrenMichael M Vigoda
Department of Anesthesiology, Preoperative Medicine, and Pain Management, University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital, 1611 NW 12th Ave, Room C 301, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 126:1241-3. 2008..To review the effect of interventions designed to decrease turnover time in infants and children (median age, 2.6 years; range, 1 month to 10 years) who required examinations under anesthesia...
- Can children undergoing ophthalmologic examinations under anesthesia be safely anesthetized without using an IV line?Michael M Vigoda
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Clin Ophthalmol 5:503-8. 2011..We performed a retrospective study to determine our incidence of IV access placement during examinations under anesthesia (EUA) and the incidence of adverse events that required intraoperative IV access placement...
- Regional anesthesia with monitored anesthesia care for surgical repair of selected open globe injuriesIngrid U Scott
Departments of Ophthalmology and Anesthesiology, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 36:122-8. 2005..To investigate clinical features and visual acuity outcomes associated with the use of regional anesthesia with monitored anesthesia care (RA/MAC) versus general anesthesia for open globe injuries in adult reparable eyes...
- Evaluation of distal radial artery cross-sectional internal diameter in pediatric patients using ultrasoundEliane Q S Varga
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 23:460-2. 2013..There are good reasons to measure the RAID in small children prior to insertion of an intra-arterial catheter...
- Monitored anesthesia care with dexmedetomidine: a prospective, randomized, double-blind, multicenter trialKeith A Candiotti
Division of Perioperative Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Anesth Analg 110:47-56. 2010....
- Preemptive sub-tenon's anesthesia for pars plana vitrectomy under general anesthesia: is it effective?William E Smiddy
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 39:438; author reply 438-9. 2008
- Medical consequences of stopping anticoagulant therapy before intraocular surgery or intravitreal injectionsSteve Charles
Retina 27:813-5. 2007
- Key components of risk associated with ophthalmic anesthesiaSteven Gayer
Anesthesiology 105:859. 2006
- Sub-Tenon techniques should be one option among manySteven Gayer
Anesthesiology 100:196; author reply 197. 2004
- Medical evaluation of patients before ocular surgeryErin N Marcus
Am J Ophthalmol 136:338-9. 2003
- Comparing anesthetic techniques during ocular surgery in humans and dogsGary D Cass
J Am Vet Med Assoc 229:1372; author reply 1372-3. 2006