Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Neural control of energy balance: translating circuits to therapiesLaurent Gautron
Division of Hypothalamic Research, Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390 9077, USA Electronic address
Cell 161:133-45. 2015..This Review summarizes current knowledge linking the neural circuits regulating energy and glucose balance with current and potential pharmacotherapeutic and surgical interventions for the treatment of obesity and diabetes...
- Neurobiology of inflammation-associated anorexiaLaurent Gautron
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Dallas, TX, USA
Front Neurosci 3:59. 2009..A better understanding of the neurobiological mechanisms underlying inflammation-associated anorexia will help to develop appetite stimulants for cancer and AIDS patients...
- Discrete melanocortin-sensitive neuroanatomical pathway linking the ventral premmamillary nucleus to the paraventricular hypothalamusL Gautron
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hypothalamic Research, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, USA
Neuroscience 240:70-82. 2013..Collectively, these results provide evidence for a previous unrecognized role of MC4-R expressed by neurons innervating the PVH that are also sensitive to reproductive cues...
- Melanocortin-4 receptor expression in different classes of spinal and vagal primary afferent neurons in the mouseLaurent Gautron
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hypothalamic Research, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9077, USA
J Comp Neurol 520:3933-48. 2012....
- Genetic tracing of Nav1.8-expressing vagal afferents in the mouseLaurent Gautron
Division of Hypothalamic Research, Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Comp Neurol 519:3085-101. 2011..8-expressing vagal neurons in gastrointestinal functions...
- Age-related changes in nestin immunoreactivity in the rat pituitary glandLaurent Gautron
Psychoneuroimmunologie, Nutrition et Genetique, INRA UMR 1286, CNRS UMR 5226, Universite Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Neuroendocrinology 90:19-30. 2009..We also found increased accumulation of nestin in hyperplastic glial-like cells of the intermediate lobe. This study suggests that nestin in the pituitary gland is implicated in age-related cellular plasticity...
- [Gustave Roussy's (1874-1948) contribution to neuroendocrinology]L Gautron
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9077, USA
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 68:400-2. 2007..Also, based on his own histological work, he pioneered the concept of neurosecretion, which was termed by him "neuricrinie"...
- Characterization of Kiss1 neurons using transgenic mouse modelsR M Cravo
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hypothalamic Research, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard Dallas, TX, USA
Neuroscience 173:37-56. 2011..The differences observed between the Kiss1 neurons in the preoptic area and the Arc likely represent neuronal evidence for their differential roles in metabolism and reproduction...
- Vagal innervation patterns following Roux-en-Y gastric bypass in the mouseL Gautron
Division of Hypothalamic Research, Department of Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 37:1603-7. 2013..Our findings may serve as a guideline for future investigations on the role of gut-brain communication in bariatric surgery. ..
- Pituitary cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript expression depends on the strain, sex and oestrous cycle in the ratL Kappeler
UMR 549 INSERM, université Paris René Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
J Neuroendocrinol 18:426-33. 2006..Taken together, these results suggest that pituitary CART expression is dependent of the sex steroid environment and may be physiologically involved in LH secretion...
- Influence of feeding status on neuronal activity in the hypothalamus during lipopolysaccharide-induced anorexia in ratsL Gautron
Laboratoire des Régulations Neuroendocriniennes, EA 2972, Universite Bordeaux I, 33400 Talence, France
Neuroscience 134:933-46. 2005..Together, our data show that fasting modulates lipopolysaccharide-induced anorexia and body weight loss in association with neural changes in specific hypothalamic nuclei...