Affiliation: University of Virginia
- A new corps of trained Grand-Aides has the potential to extend reach of primary care workforce and save moneyArthur Garson
Center for Health Policy, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 31:1016-21. 2012..In addition to reducing health care costs, Grand-Aides have the potential to make a substantial impact in reducing congestion in primary care practices and emergency departments...
- Perspective: Leveraging the health care workforce: what do we need and what educational system will get us there?Arthur Garson
Center for Health Policy, and former dean, School of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22903, USA
Acad Med 86:1448-53. 2011....
- Attacking obesity: lessons from smokingArthur Garson
School of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 0793, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:1673-5. 2007..The time has come for the country to get serious about obesity and take lessons from our nation's campaign to reduce smoking. As patient advocates, scientists, and medical professionals, cardiologists should appropriately take the lead...
- State-federal partnerships for access to care: an end and a meansArthur Garson
University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
JAMA 297:1112-5. 2007
- Heart of the uninsuredArthur Garson
School of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 26:227-31. 2007
- The uninsured: problems, solutions, and the role of academic medicineArthur Garson
University of Virginia School of Medicine, PO Box 800793, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0793, USA
Acad Med 81:798-801. 2006..The current estimate is for the United States to have 56 million uninsured by 2013--an increase to 19.4% of the population. Academic medicine can help slow this increase...
- International differences in patient and physician perceptions of "high quality" healthcare: a model from pediatric cardiologyArthur Garson
University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Am J Cardiol 97:1073-5. 2006....
- U.S. healthcare: the intertwined caduceus of physicians, coverage, quality, and costArthur Garson
University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:1-5; discussion 6-7. 2004..Let's work with our patients to improve their health. Together we can make real progress...
- In the shadow of cost containment: Americans, affordability, and health reformCarolyn L Engelhard
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0717, USA
Am Heart Hosp J 5:6-9. 2007
- Operating room efficiency and hospital capacity: factors affecting operating room use during maximum hospital censusJames E McGowan
Health System Administration, University of Virginia Health Systems, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Am Coll Surg 204:865-71; discussion 871-2. 2007..We evaluated our experiences in dealing with OR efficiency at a time of maximum hospital capacity and occupancy...
- Task force 6: Code of conduct for staff and volunteer leadershipPamela S Douglas
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:1750-3. 2004
- American College of Cardiology 2006 principles to guide physician pay-for-performance programs: a report of the American College of Cardiology Work Group on Pay for Performance (A Joint Working Group of the ACC Quality Strategic Direction Committee and thJohn E Brush
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:2603-9. 2006
- Arthur Garson, Jr., MD, MPH: a conversation with the editor. Interview by William Clifford RobertsArthur Garson
Am J Cardiol 92:421-35. 2003
- Integrating quality into the cycle of therapeutic developmentRobert M Califf
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, North Carolina, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:1895-901. 2002..Such a model would serve as a basic approach to cardiovascular medicine that is necessary, but not sufficient, to those wishing to provide the best care for their patients...