Genomes and Genes
Alfredo J Garcia
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Post-hypoxic recovery of respiratory rhythm generation is gender dependentAlfredo J Garcia
Center for Integrative Brain Research, Seattle Children s Research Institute, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e60695. 2013..Moreover, these findings provide potential insight into the basis of increased male vulnerability in a variety of conditions such as Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)...
- Hydrogen peroxide differentially affects activity in the pre-Bötzinger complex and hippocampusAlfredo J Garcia
Center for Integrative Brain Research, Seattle Children s Research Institute, 1900 9th Ave, Seattle, WA, USA
J Neurophysiol 106:3045-55. 2011....
- Network reconfiguration and neuronal plasticity in rhythm-generating networksHenner Koch
Center for Integrative Brain Research, Seattle Children s Research Institute, 1900 9th Street, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Integr Comp Biol 51:856-68. 2011..This review provides concrete examples from neuronal networks in invertebrates and vertebrates, and illustrates that the concepts and rules that govern neuronal networks and behaviors are universal...
- Stable respiratory activity requires both P/Q-type and N-type voltage-gated calcium channelsHenner Koch
Center for Integrative Brain Research, Seattle Children s Research Institute, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
J Neurosci 33:3633-45. 2013..In the absence of P/Q-type calcium channels, breathing, sighing, and neuromodulation are severely compromised, leading to early mortality...
- Chapter 3--networks within networks: the neuronal control of breathingAlfredo J Garcia
Center for Integrative Brain Research, Seattle Children s Research Institute, Seattle, Washington, USA
Prog Brain Res 188:31-50. 2011..This review summarizes our current understanding of these interactions and relates the emerging concepts to insights gained in other rhythm generating networks...
- A toolbox of Cre-dependent optogenetic transgenic mice for light-induced activation and silencingLinda Madisen
Allen Institute for Brain Science, Seattle, Washington, USA
Nat Neurosci 15:793-802. 2012..When combined with the hundreds of available Cre driver lines, this optimized toolbox of reporter mice will enable widespread investigations of neural circuit function with unprecedented reliability and accuracy...
- Cardiorespiratory coupling in health and diseaseAlfredo J Garcia
Center for Integrative Brain Research, Seattle Children s Research Institute, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Auton Neurosci 175:26-37. 2013....
- Tbr2 expression in Cajal-Retzius cells and intermediate neuronal progenitors is required for morphogenesis of the dentate gyrusRebecca D Hodge
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA or
J Neurosci 33:4165-80. 2013..These studies indicate that Tbr2 is explicitly required for morphogenesis of the DG and participates in multiple aspects of the intricate developmental process of this structure...