Affiliation: University of Miami
- Systemic lupus erythematosus associated with type 4 renal tubular acidosis: a case report and review of the literatureHaldane Porteous
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital, 1611 NW 12th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Med Case Reports 5:114. 2011..abstract:..
- Tumor of the liver (hepatocellular and high grade neuroendocrine carcinoma): a case report and review of the literatureMonica T Garcia
Department of Pathology, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine Jackson Memorial Hospital, 1611 NW 12th Avenue, Holtz Building, Room 2042 G, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Virchows Arch 449:376-81. 2006..After removal of the tumor, the patient had intrahepatic and mesenteric recurrences within a follow-up period of 16 months...
- Liver glycogen bodies: ground-glass hepatocytes in transplanted patientsPablo A Bejarano
Department of Pathology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Jackson Memorial Hospital, 1611 NW 12th Ave Holtz Bldg, Room 2042, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Virchows Arch 449:539-45. 2006..Idiopathic ground-glass hepatocytes occur in transplanted patients and represent accumulation of altered glycogen. However, their clinical significance and cause are not entirely elucidated...
- Mesothelial cells in transbronchial biopsies: a rare complication with a potential for a diagnostic pitfallPablo A Bejarano
Department of Pathology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 31:914-8. 2007..It is important to be aware of the presence of mesothelial cells in clinically uncomplicated TB to avoid an erroneous diagnosis of malignancy...
- Cystic lesions of the pancreas: clinical and pathologic review of cases in a five year periodCarlos E Parra-Herran
Department of Pathology, University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL, USA
JOP 11:358-64. 2010..The characterization of these lesions has evolved in recent years, and will continue to change according to the increasing number of biopsies and resections performed...
- Propylthiouracil-induced acute liver failure: role of liver transplantationAndres F Carrion
Department of Medicine, University of Miami Leonard M Miller School of Medicine, 185 SW 7th Street, Unit 1510, Miami, FL 33130, USA
Int J Endocrinol 2010:910636. 2010..Frequent monitoring for PTU-induced hepatic dysfunction is strongly advised because timely discontinuation of this drug and implementation of noninvasive therapeutic interventions may prevent progression to liver failure or even death...
- Liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma in the model for end-stage liver disease eraDavid M Levi
Miami Transplant Institute, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Am Coll Surg 210:727-34, 735-6. 2010..This study reviews our experience with liver transplantation for HCC under this system...
- Use of p63 for distinction of glandular versus squamous lesions in cervicovaginal specimensMonica T Garcia
Department of Pathology, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Cancer 111:54-7. 2007..Squamous and atypical glandular cell lesions may show similar cytomorphologic features. The aim of this study was to evaluate the use of p63 as a marker of basal and/or squamous cell derivation in this differential diagnosis...