Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- The impact of achievement goals on cardiorespiratory fitness: does self-efficacy make a difference?Zan Gao
School of Kinesiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Res Q Exerc Sport 84:313-22. 2013..We tested a model of the mediating role of self-efficacy on the relationship between 2 x 2 achievement goals and cardiorespiratory fitness..
- Urban Latino children's physical activity levels and performance in interactive dance video games: effects of goal difficulty and goal specificityZan Gao
Department of Exercise and Sport Science, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 166:933-7. 2012....
- Video game-based exercise, Latino children's physical health, and academic achievementZan Gao
School of Kinesiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Am J Prev Med 44:S240-6. 2013..There is a paucity of research investigating the effects of innovative physical activity programs on physical health and academic performance in the Latino population...
- Perceived competence and enjoyment in predicting students' physical activity and cardiorespiratory fitnessZan Gao
Department of Exercise and Sport Science, University of Utah, 250 South 1850 East, Rm 205, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 0920, USA
Percept Mot Skills 107:365-72. 2008..3%). Only a small amount of variance here leaves 80% unaccounted for. Some educational implications and areas for research are mentioned...
- Self-efficacy and outcome expectancy in beginning weight training class: their relations to students' behavioral intention and actual behaviorZan Gao
Department of Exercise and Sport Science, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 0920, USA
Res Q Exerc Sport 79:92-100. 2008..However, self-efficacy appeared more influential at midprogram. Findings of this study can enhance our understanding of the determining factors for individuals' motivated behaviors in college physical activity classes...
- Motivated but not active: the dilemmas of incorporating interactive dance into gym classZan Gao
School of Kinesiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
J Phys Act Health 9:794-800. 2012..Empirical studies in this field have been largely unexplored. The purpose of this study was to examine the relationships between students' mastery experiences, situational motivation, and physical activity levels in DDR...
- Examining the role of self-efficacy and three types of outcome expectations in weight trainingZan Gao
Department of Exercise and Sport Science, 250 S 1850 E Rm 205, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 0920, USA
Percept Mot Skills 105:707-13. 2007..Findings of this study were interpreted from self-efficacy theory...
- Injury rehabilitation overadherence: preliminary scale validation and relationships with athletic identity and self-presentation concernsLeslie Podlog
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
J Athl Train 48:372-81. 2013..Presently, no measure of overadherence exists, and correlates of overadherence and risking a premature return to sport remain uncertain...