Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Detecting epistatic interactions contributing to human gene expression using the CEPH family dataHua Li
Bioinformatics Center, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 East 50th Street, Kansas City, Missouri 64110, USA
BMC Proc 1:S67. 2007..We evaluated the power of the method by simulation studies and applied this method to the analysis of the Centre d'Etude du Polymorphisme Humain family gene expression data provided by Genetics Analysis Workshop 15 (GAW15)...
- Testing for differences in distribution tails to test for differences in 'maximum' lifespanGuimin Gao
Department of Biostatistics, Section on Statistical Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
BMC Med Res Methodol 8:49. 2008..However, a limitation of these tests is that they do not consider how much above the threshold any particular observation is...
- Similarity-based multimarker association tests for continuous traitsWan Yu Lin
Department of Biostatistics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Ann Hum Genet 76:246-60. 2012..3). Our SIMp test outperforms other tests when the causal variant was introduced at common haplotypes (the maximum frequency of risk haplotypes >0.4). We also applied our two tests to an adiposity data set to show their utility...
- A generalized sequential Bonferroni procedure using smoothed weights for genome-wide association studies incorporating information on Hardy-Weinberg disequilibrium among casesGuimin Gao
Department of Biostatistics, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0032, USA
Hum Hered 73:1-13. 2012....
- Genome-wide association studies of rheumatoid arthritis data via multiple hypothesis testing methods for correlated testsGuolian Kang
Section on Statistical Genetics, Department of Biostatistics, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1665 University Boulevard, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
BMC Proc 3:S38. 2009..Simulation studies demonstrate that the MC method may have slightly higher power than the p-values adjusted for correlated tests method...
- Case-control association analysis of rheumatoid arthritis with candidate genes using related casesYun Joo Yoo
Section on Statistical Genetics, Department of Biostatistics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1665 University Boulevard, Ryals Building 327H, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
BMC Proc 1:S33. 2007..These results, together with the results, based on simulated data, showed that higher power could be achieved using all related cases...
- Evaluation of pooled association tests for rare variant identificationWan Yu Lin
Department of Biostatistics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1665 University Boulevard, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
BMC Proc 5:S118. 2011....
- Haplotyping methods for pedigreesGuimin Gao
Department of Biostatistics, Section on Statistical Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Ala, USA
Hum Hered 67:248-66. 2009..We explore the connections among these methods, and describe the challenges that remain to be addressed...
- Application of imputation methods to the analysis of rheumatoid arthritis data in genome-wide association studiesDouglas K Childers
Section on Statistical Genetics, Department of Biostatistics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
BMC Proc 3:S24. 2009..We found some untyped SNP that showed significant association with rheumatoid arthritis. Among them, a few of these were not located near any typed SNP that was found to be significant and thus may be worth further investigation...
- MethylPCA: a toolkit to control for confounders in methylome-wide association studiesWenan Chen
Department of Biostatistics, School of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 14:74. 2013..This approach is, however, computationally very challenging due to the extremely large number of methylation sites in the human genome...
- Weighted multiple hypothesis testing proceduresGuolian Kang
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Stat Appl Genet Mol Biol 8:Article23. 2009..All proposed procedures control the FWER well and are useful when prior information is available to estimate the weights...
- A rapid conditional enumeration haplotyping method in pedigreesGuimin Gao
Department of Biostatistics, Section on Statistical Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Genet Sel Evol 40:25-36. 2008..The new algorithm is much more efficient than our previous method and the widely used software SimWalk2...
- Conditional probability methods for haplotyping in pedigreesGuimin Gao
Virginia Bioinformatics Institute, Department of Statistics, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061, USA
Genetics 167:2055-65. 2004..The new haplotyping methods are much faster and provide more information than several existing stochastic and rule-based methods. The accuracies of the new methods are equivalent to or better than those of these existing methods...
- Estimation of deleterious genomic mutation parameters in natural populations by accounting for variable mutation effects across lociHong Wen Deng
Osteoporosis Research Center and Department of Biological Sciences, Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska 68131, USA
Genetics 162:1487-500. 2002..Importantly, this method is the first one to characterize cov(h, s) for DGM...