Affiliation: University of California
- A single-nucleotide polymorphism in CYP2B6 leads to >3-fold increases in efavirenz concentrations in plasma and hair among HIV-infected womenMonica Gandhi
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Infect Dis 206:1453-61. 2012..We analyzed numerous genetic and nongenetic factors impacting short-term and long-term exposure in a large heterogeneous population of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected women...
- Eligibility criteria for HIV clinical trials and generalizability of results: the gap between published reports and study protocolsMonica Gandhi
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94122, USA
AIDS 19:1885-96. 2005....
- Atazanavir concentration in hair is the strongest predictor of outcomes on antiretroviral therapyMonica Gandhi
Departments of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, 94122, USA
Clin Infect Dis 52:1267-75. 2011..Hair concentrations of antiretrovirals can integrate adherence and pharmacokinetics into a single assay...
- Protease inhibitor levels in hair strongly predict virologic response to treatmentMonica Gandhi
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
AIDS 23:471-8. 2009..The currently available methods to assess ARV exposure are limited. Levels of ARVs in hair reflect plasma concentrations over weeks to months, and may provide a novel method for predicting therapeutic responses...
- Nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor pharmacokinetics in a large unselected cohort of HIV-infected womenMonica Gandhi
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, 405 Irving Street, 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 50:482-91. 2009....
- Microanalysis of the antiretroviral nevirapine in human hair from HIV-infected patients by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryYong Huang
Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Anal Bioanal Chem 401:1923-33. 2011..We also showed that NVP in human hair can easily be detected in a single short strand of hair. This method will allow us to identify drug non-adherence using even a single strand of hair...
- Sensitive analysis of anti-HIV drugs, efavirenz, lopinavir and ritonavir, in human hair by liquid chromatography coupled with tandem mass spectrometryYong Huang
Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 22:3401-9. 2008..This developed method allowed for the monitoring of these target medications in the hair samples of HIV-infected women on antiretroviral therapy in an observational study using small amounts of hair...
- Short-term garlic supplementation and highly active antiretroviral treatment adherence, CD4+ cell counts, and human immunodeficiency virus viral loadChenglong Liu
Department of Medicine, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Altern Ther Health Med 18:18-22. 2012..Researchers rarely have studied garlic's association with antiretroviral therapies, however, even though that association is very relevant clinically...
- The effect of a "universal antiretroviral therapy" recommendation on HIV RNA levels among HIV-infected patients entering care with a CD4 count greater than 500/μL in a public health settingElvin H Geng
Division of HIV AIDS at San Francisco General Hospital, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Clin Infect Dis 55:1690-7. 2012..The effect of changing guidance on real-world patient outcomes has not been evaluated...
- Disclosure of complementary and alternative medicine use to health care providers among HIV-infected womenChenglong Liu
Department of Medicine, Georgetown University, Washington, D C 20007, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 23:965-71. 2009..Interventions targeted towards both physicians and patients may enhance communication of CAM use, avoid potential adverse events and drug interactions, and enhance HAART adherence...
- Does patient sex affect human immunodeficiency virus levels?Monica Gandhi
Department of Medicine, Infectious Diseases Division, University of California, San Francisco, CA, 94143, USA
Clin Infect Dis 35:313-22. 2002..This finding is significant, because viral loads are frequently used to guide the initiation and modification of antiretroviral therapy...
- Sex differences in pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamicsMonica Gandhi
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 1352, USA
Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 44:499-523. 2004....
- The effect of AIDS Clinical Trials Group Protocol 5164 on the time from Pneumocystis jirovecii pneumonia diagnosis to antiretroviral initiation in routine clinical practice: a case study of diffusion, dissemination, and implementationElvin H Geng
Division of HIV AIDS, San Francisco General Hospital, and Department of Medicine, 995 Potrero Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Clin Infect Dis 53:1008-14. 2011..Subsequently, the San Francisco General Hospital (SFGH) HIV/AIDS Service performed the SFGH 5164 Initiative to disseminate and implement the findings of ACTG 5164...
- Analysis of pharmacogenetic traits in two distinct South African populationsOgechi Ikediobi
University of California, San Francisco, School of Pharmacy, Department of Clinical Pharmacy, CA 94143, USA
Hum Genomics 5:265-82. 2011..Characterising the Xhosa and CMA population frequencies of variant alleles important for drug transport and metabolism can help to establish the clinical relevance of pharmacogenetic testing in these populations...
- Poverty, unstable housing, and HIV infection among women living in the United StatesElise D Riley
University of California at San Francisco, UCSF Box 1372, Epidemiology and Prevention Interventions Center, San Francisco, CA 94143 1372, USA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 4:181-6. 2007..Suggestions for service provision are offered with the understanding that providers may have limited time and expertise to meet the entire array of needs for impoverished women...
- Human herpesvirus 8, Kaposi's sarcoma, and associated conditionsMonica Gandhi
Infectious Diseases Division, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, 405 Irving Street, Second Floor, San Francisco, CA 94122, USA
Clin Lab Med 22:883-910. 2002..Specific antiviral drug inhibit HHV-8 replication, and can result in responses in certain HHV-8-associated conditions...
- Association of cigarette smoking with HIV prognosis among women in the HAART era: a report from the women's interagency HIV studyJoseph G Feldman
SUNY Downstate Medical Center, 450 Clarkson Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Am J Public Health 96:1060-5. 2006..We assessed the association of cigarette smoking with the effectiveness of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) among low-income women...
- Acquisition of new sexual partners among women with HIV infection: patterns of disclosure and sexual behavior within new partnershipsTracey E Wilson
Department of Preventive Medicine and Community Health, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 19:151-9. 2007..Conclusions: These findings highlight the importance of ongoing support for sexual risk reduction among women with HIV-infection and for strategies that reduce the strength of relationships between ART beliefs and sexual risk behavior...
- Hair it is: the long and short of monitoring antiretroviral treatmentMonica Gandhi
Ann Intern Med 137:696-7. 2002
- Patterns, predictors, and consequences of initial regimen type among HIV-infected women receiving highly active antiretroviral therapyElizabeth T Golub
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Clin Infect Dis 46:305-12. 2008....
- Prevalence of clinical symptoms associated with highly active antiretroviral therapy in the Women's Interagency HIV StudyMichael J Silverberg
Department of Epidemiology, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Clin Infect Dis 39:717-24. 2004..The extended use of antiretroviral drugs among human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-seropositive individuals underscores the need for a comprehensive evaluation of therapy-associated clinical symptoms...
- Association between living with children and adherence to highly active antiretroviral therapy in the Women's Interagency HIV StudyDaniel J Merenstein
Georgetown University Medical Center, Department of Family Medicine, 417 Kober Cogan Hall, 3800 Reservoir Rd, NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Pediatrics 121:e787-93. 2008..The purpose of this work was to evaluate whether living with children adversely affects adherence to highly active antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected women...
- Association between complementary and alternative medicine use and adherence to highly active antiretroviral therapy in the Women's Interagency HIV StudyChenglong Liu
J Altern Complement Med 13:1053-6. 2007
- Highly active antiretroviral therapy reduces urinary albumin excretion in women with HIV infectionLynda A Szczech
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 48:360-1. 2008
- Assessing antiretroviral exposure in diverse populationsMonica Gandhi; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..