Karen L Gamble
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Circadian biology: the early bird catches the morning shiftKaren L Gamble
Division of Behavioral Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatry, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA Electronic address
Curr Biol 25:R269-71. 2015..A new study suggests that this 'social jet lag' can be remedied by a 'personalized schedule', an intervention that may help reduce circadian misalignment and pathologies in shift workers. ..
- Gastrin-releasing peptide modulates fast delayed rectifier potassium current in Per1-expressing SCN neuronsKaren L Gamble
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurobiology, University of Alabama, Birmingham, USA
J Biol Rhythms 26:99-106. 2011..Furthermore, these findings implicate fDR currents in the ionic basis for GRP-mediated entrainment of the primary mammalian circadian pacemaker...
- Chronic ethanol consumption disrupts the core molecular clock and diurnal rhythms of metabolic genes in the liver without affecting the suprachiasmatic nucleusAshley N Filiano
Department of Pathology Division of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e71684. 2013..Importantly, these results suggest that chronic ethanol consumption, at levels sufficient to cause steatosis, disrupts the core hepatic clock as well as the diurnal rhythms of key lipid metabolism genes. ..
- Neuropeptide Y-induced phase shifts of PER2::LUC rhythms are mediated by long-term suppression of neuronal excitability in a phase-specific mannerRachel C Besing
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurobiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0017, USA
Chronobiol Int 29:91-102. 2012..This model is consistent with findings in other brain regions that NPY-induced persistent hyperpolarization underlies mechanisms of energy homeostasis, anxiety-related behavior, and thalamocortical synchronous firing...
- Metabolism as an integral cog in the mammalian circadian clockworkKaren L Gamble
Division of Behavioral Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatry, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol 48:317-31. 2013....
- Adults with ADHD-without insomnia history have subclinical sleep disturbance but not circadian delay: an ADHD phenotype?Rachel E Fargason
1University of Alabama, Birmingham, USA
J Atten Disord 17:583-8. 2013..To explore the potential ADHD phenotype of ADHD-without reported insomnia in comparison with controls and their tolerance of stimulants in a cohort rigorously screened for comorbidities...
- Circadian clock control of endocrine factorsKaren L Gamble
Division of Behavioural Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatry, Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 703 19th Street South, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Nat Rev Endocrinol 10:466-75. 2014..Collectively, these observations suggest that strategies designed to realign normal circadian rhythmicities hold potential for the treatment of various endocrine-related disorders. ..
- Delayed sleep timing and symptoms in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a controlled actigraphy studyKaren L Gamble
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurobiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0017, USA
Chronobiol Int 30:598-606. 2013..In addition, ADHD adults with combined hyperactive-impulsive and inattentive symptoms have decreased sleep quality as well as the delayed sleep timing of predominately inattentive subtypes...