Karen L Gamble
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Gastrin-releasing peptide modulates fast delayed rectifier potassium current in Per1-expressing SCN neuronsKaren L Gamble
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurobiology, University of Alabama, Birmingham, USA
J Biol Rhythms 26:99-106. 2011..Furthermore, these findings implicate fDR currents in the ionic basis for GRP-mediated entrainment of the primary mammalian circadian pacemaker...
- Neuropeptide Y-induced phase shifts of PER2::LUC rhythms are mediated by long-term suppression of neuronal excitability in a phase-specific mannerRachel C Besing
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurobiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0017, USA
Chronobiol Int 29:91-102. 2012..This model is consistent with findings in other brain regions that NPY-induced persistent hyperpolarization underlies mechanisms of energy homeostasis, anxiety-related behavior, and thalamocortical synchronous firing...
- Adults with ADHD-without insomnia history have subclinical sleep disturbance but not circadian delay: an ADHD phenotype?Rachel E Fargason
1University of Alabama, Birmingham, USA
J Atten Disord 17:583-8. 2013..To explore the potential ADHD phenotype of ADHD-without reported insomnia in comparison with controls and their tolerance of stimulants in a cohort rigorously screened for comorbidities...
- Metabolism as an integral cog in the mammalian circadian clockworkKaren L Gamble
Division of Behavioral Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatry, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol 48:317-31. 2013....
- Delayed sleep timing and symptoms in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a controlled actigraphy studyKaren L Gamble
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurobiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0017, USA
Chronobiol Int 30:598-606. 2013..In addition, ADHD adults with combined hyperactive-impulsive and inattentive symptoms have decreased sleep quality as well as the delayed sleep timing of predominately inattentive subtypes...