S W Galt
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Differential regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-9 by monocytes adherent to collagen and plateletsS W Galt
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Internal Medicine, Program in Human Molecular Biology and Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Circ Res 89:509-16. 2001..The synthesis of MMP-9 by monocytes may be critical in vascular syndromes and other pathological processes that are dependent on dysregulated cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions...
- Outside-in signals delivered by matrix metalloproteinase-1 regulate platelet functionSpencer W Galt
Departments of Vascular Surgery, Internal Medicine, Program in Human Molecular Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, USA
Circ Res 90:1093-9. 2002..The finding that MMP-1 is rapidly activated in platelets and controls functional responses identifies a new role for this metalloproteinase as a signaling molecule that regulates thrombotic events...
- Has the changing nature of vascular surgery adversely affected scholarly activitySpencer W Galt
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of Utah Medical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
J Vasc Surg 38:1-6. 2003..The main outcome measures were the proportion of members who published in each era and the rates of publication among authors...
- Common femoral artery injury secondary to bicycle handlebar traumaMark R Sarfati
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, USA
J Vasc Surg 35:589-91. 2002..The lack of familiarity with this uncommon mode of injury may contribute to delayed diagnosis and increased morbidity. We therefore wish to draw attention to this mechanism of injury...
- Severe coagulopathy following intraoperative use of topical thrombinMark R Sarfati
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84103, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 18:349-51. 2004..The resulting antibody-mediated depletion of factor V caused a severe and refractory coagulopathy. Vascular surgeons should be aware that the use of topical bovine thrombin can cause severe coagulopathy...
- Native superficial femoral artery peripheral atherectomy site pseudoaneurysm: a case reportShivprasad D Nikam
Department of Vascular Surgery, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA 17822 2150, USA
J Vasc Surg 46:565-8. 2007..We address the importance of understanding risks of these minimally invasive procedures along with planning follow-up duplex and potential bail-out tactics...
- Optional filters in trauma patients: can retrieval rates be improved?Emad Monir Zakhary
Department of Vascular Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44139, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 22:627-34. 2008..This should be strongly considered at the time of insertion. Multiple factors were found to contribute. Attention to details in patient selection and follow-up as well as modifications in technique may improve the retrieval rate...