Gordon G Gallup
Affiliation: University at Albany
- Does semen have antidepressant properties?Gordon G Gallup
Department of Psychology, State University of New York at Albany, Albany, New York, USA
Arch Sex Behav 31:289-93. 2002....
- Contagious yawning and the brainSteven M Platek
Department of Psychology, Drexel University, 1505 Race Street, Mail Stop 626, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Brain Res Cogn Brain Res 23:448-52. 2005..g., self-referential processing, theory of mind, autobiographical memory), our findings provide further support for the hypothesis that contagious yawning may be part of a neural network involved in empathy...
- Bottle feeding simulates child loss: postpartum depression and evolutionary medicineGordon G Gallup
Department of Psychology, University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, NY 12222, USA
Med Hypotheses 74:174-6. 2010....
- Indirect peer aggression in adolescence and reproductive behaviorDaniel D White
Department of Anthropology, University at Albany, SUNY, Albany, New York, USA
Evol Psychol 8:49-65. 2010..We discuss these results in terms of intrasexual competition and evolutionary theory...
- A left-hand advantage for self-description: the impact of schizotypal personality traitsSteven M Platek
Department of Psychology, State University of New York at Albany, 1400 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12222, USA
Schizophr Res 65:147-51. 2003..These data add to a growing body of evidence that implicates the right hemisphere in processing information about the self and supports the hypothesis that self-processing may be impaired in schizophrenic-like populations...
- Cross-modal self-recognition: the role of visual, auditory, and olfactory primesSteven M Platek
Department of Psychology, Drexel University, 245 N 15th Street, Mail Stop 626, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Conscious Cogn 13:197-210. 2004..These data, along with other recent results suggest the brain processes/represents information about the self in highly integrated ways...
- Where am I? The neurological correlates of self and otherSteven M Platek
Functional Neuroimaging Laboratory, Department of Psychology, Drexel University, 1505 Race Street, Mail Stop 626, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Brain Res Cogn Brain Res 19:114-22. 2004....
- Excessive yawning and thermoregulation: two case histories of chronic, debilitating bouts of yawningGordon G Gallup
Department of Psychology, University at Albany, Albany, USA
Sleep Breath 14:157-9. 2010..This report details the case histories of two women who suffer from chronic and debilitating episodes of excessive yawning in the absence of sleep problems...