Mary P Gallant
Affiliation: University at Albany
- The influence of social support on chronic illness self-management: a review and directions for researchMary P Gallant
Department of Health Policy, Management, and Behavior, School of Public Health, University at Albany, State University of New York, Rensselaer 12144 3456, USA
Health Educ Behav 30:170-95. 2003..There is also a need to understand how the social environment may influence self-management in ways other than the provision of social support..
- Neuroticism and depressive symptoms among spouse caregivers: do health behaviors mediate this relationship?Mary P Gallant
Department of Health Policy, Management and Behavior, School of Public Health, University at Albany, State University of New York, Rensselaer 12144 3456, USA
Psychol Aging 18:587-92. 2003..These findings suggest that neuroticism may lead to depressive symptoms among caregivers partly through declines in physical activity...
- Enhancing community capacity to support physical activity: the development of a community-based indoor-outdoor walking programMary Riley-Jacome
Prevention Research Center, University at Albany, School of Public Health, SUNY, One University Place, Rensselaer, NY 12144 3456, USA
J Prim Prev 31:85-95. 2010..Results indicated that rural schools provide a useful resource for residents and increase participants' physical activity levels. A more comprehensive rural community walking program has been implemented as a result of these findings...
- Assessing sources of support for diabetes self-care in urban and rural underserved communitiesBenjamin A Shaw
Department of Health Policy, Management, and Behavior, School of Public Health, University at Albany, Rensselaer, NY 12144 3456, USA
J Community Health 31:393-412. 2006..These results have implications for the design of interventions aimed at bolstering support for diabetes self-care, and point to the need for an enhanced focus on strengthening the social environmental resources of adults with diabetes...
- Chronic illness self-care and the family lives of older adults: a synthetic review across four ethnic groupsMary P Gallant
Department of Health Policy, Management, and Behavior, University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, NY, USA
J Cross Cult Gerontol 25:21-43. 2010..Finally, six themes are outlined and related questions are identified to further illuminate the social context of older adults' chronic illness self-care...