Gabriel R Galindo
Affiliation: University of California
- A loss of moral experience: understanding HIV-related stigma in the New York City House and Ball CommunityGabriel R Galindo
Mailman School of Public Health at Columbia University, Department of Sociomedical Sciences, New York, NY, USA
Am J Public Health 103:293-9. 2013..I incorporated qualitative methods to explore how HIV-related stigma functions in New York City's House and Ball Community (HBC)...
- Community associated methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus among New York City men who have sex with men: qualitative research findings and implications for public health practiceGabriel R Galindo
Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, University of California at San Francisco, 50 Beale St, Suite 1300, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
J Community Health 37:458-67. 2012..We underscore the role of public health and health services practitioners in providing appropriate CA-MRSA awareness and education to MSM populations...
- Community member perspectives from transgender women and men who have sex with men on pre-exposure prophylaxis as an HIV prevention strategy: implications for implementationGabriel R Galindo
Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
Implement Sci 7:116. 2012..In this study, we examined the acceptability of individual daily use of PrEP and assessed potential barriers to community uptake...
- Sexual Healthcare Preferences among Gay and Bisexual Men: A Qualitative Study in San Francisco, CaliforniaKimberly A Koester
Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e71546. 2013..As HIV and STI prevention strategies evolve, evidence about G/MSM's motivations and decision-making can inform future plans to optimize models of HIV/STI prevention and primary care...
- A qualitative study of provider thoughts on implementing pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) in clinical settings to prevent HIV infectionEMILY A ARNOLD
Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e40603. 2012..We explored how medical and service providers understand research results and plan to develop clinical protocols to prescribe, support and monitor adherence for patients on PrEP in the United States...