Michelle R Gaither
Affiliation: University of Hawaii
- High connectivity in the deepwater snapper Pristipomoides filamentosus (Lutjanidae) across the Indo-Pacific with isolation of the Hawaiian archipelagoMichelle R Gaither
Hawai i Institute of Marine Biology, University of Hawai i at Manoa, Kane ohe, Hawai i, USA
PLoS ONE 6:e28913. 2011..Rogatien, Brooks Banks, Gardner) indicating that this region may be isolated or (more likely) receives input from Johnston Atoll to the south...
- Genetic consequences of introducing allopatric lineages of Bluestriped Snapper (Lutjanus kasmira) to HawaiiMichelle R Gaither
Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology, University of Hawaii, PO Box 1346, Kaneohe, HI 96744, USA
Mol Ecol 19:1107-21. 2010..This species rapidly colonized across 2000 km without loss of genetic diversity, illustrating the consequences of introducing highly dispersive marine species...
- Phylogeography of the reef fish Cephalopholis argus (Epinephelidae) indicates Pleistocene isolation across the Indo-Pacific Barrier with contemporary overlap in The Coral TriangleMichelle R Gaither
Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology University of Hawaii PO Box 1346, Kaneohe, HI 96744, USA
BMC Evol Biol 11:189. 2011....
- Coming out of the starting blocks: extended lag time rearranges genetic diversity in introduced marine fishes of Hawai'iMichelle R Gaither
Hawai i Institute of Marine Biology, University of Hawai i at Manoa, PO Box 1346, Kane ohe, HI 96744, USA
Proc Biol Sci 279:3948-57. 2012..fulvus and L. kasmira, but not for C. argus. We conclude that lag time before population expansion, in conjunction with genetic drift, has defined the genetic architecture of these three species in the introduced range...
- Population structure in the native range predicts the spread of introduced marine speciesMichelle R Gaither
Section of Ichthyology, California Academy of Sciences, 55 Music Concourse Drive, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Proc Biol Sci 280:20130409. 2013..333-0.516). This study shows that FST can be used to make qualitative predictions concerning the geographical extent to which a non-native marine species will spread once established in a new area...