David K Gaffney
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Gaffney D, King B, Viswanathan A, Barkati M, Beriwal S, Eifel P, et al. Consensus Recommendations for Radiation Therapy Contouring and Treatment of Vulvar Carcinoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016;95:1191-200 pubmed publisher..Given the lack of clinical research evidence in vulvar cancer radiation therapy, the committee advocates a conservative and consistent approach using standardized recommendations. ..
- Odei B, Boothe D, Lloyd S, Gaffney D. A comprehensive analysis of brachytherapy clinical trials over the past 15 years. Brachytherapy. 2016;15:679-686 pubmed publisher..Collaboration between industry and NGIs was associated with a greater likelihood for successful trial completion. The role of BT can be better realized with greater incorporation into CTs. ..
- Lloyd S, Alektiar K, Nag S, Huang Y, Deufel C, Mourtada F, et al. Intraoperative high-dose-rate brachytherapy: An American Brachytherapy Society consensus report. Brachytherapy. 2017;16:446-465 pubmed publisher..IOHDR brachytherapy is a specialized technique in radiation therapy with unique properties and advantages in cancer control. Special considerations for treatment planning and delivery are outlined herein. ..
- Torgeson A, Boothe D, Poppe M, Suneja G, Gaffney D. Disparities in care for elderly women with endometrial cancer adversely effects survival. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:320-328 pubmed publisher..77, p<0.001). Endometrial cancer patients over age 80 have similar rates of oncologic surgery as younger women but are significantly less likely to receive adjuvant RT, and this negatively impacts their survival. ..
- Odei B, Boothe D, Frandsen J, Poppe M, Gaffney D. The Role of Radiation in All Stages of Nodular Lymphocytic Predominant Hodgkin Lymphoma. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The goal of this study was to assess the survival differences seen in early-stage and advanced-stage nodular lymphocytic predominant Hodgkin lymphoma (NLPHL) based on treatment modality...