KARIN L GAENSLER
Affiliation: University of California
- Sequences in the (A)gamma-delta intergenic region are not required for stage-specific regulation of the human beta-globin gene locusKarin M L Gaensler
Department of Medicine and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:3374-9. 2003..These studies suggest that regulatory sequences required for activation and silencing of the human beta-globin gene family during ontogeny reside proximally to the genes and immediately 5' to the human gamma- and beta-globin genes...
- KLF2 is essential for primitive erythropoiesis and regulates the human and murine embryonic beta-like globin genes in vivoPriyadarshi Basu
Department of Human Genetics, Virginia Commonwealth University, PO Box 980033, Richmond, VA 23298 0033, USA
Blood 106:2566-71. 2005..KLF2 also plays a role in the maturation and/or stability of erythroid cells in the yolk sac. KLF2-/- embryos have a significantly increased number of primitive erythroid cells undergoing apoptotic cell death...
- Tolerance Induction by Neonatal Gene DeliveryKARIN L GAENSLER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, for many genetic disorders, intervention in the perinatal period to correct the disorder would limit or abrogate the development of irrevocable, often lethal consequences of the disease. ..
- Tolerance Induction by Neonatal Gene DeliveryKarin Gaensler; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, for many genetic disorders, intervention in the perinatal period to correct the disorder would limit or abrogate the development of irrevocable, often lethal consequences of the disease. ..
- In Vivo Stem Cell Selection in Neonatal Allo-TransplantsKarin Gaensler; Fiscal Year: 2006..This negative selection strategy may also abrogate autonomous clonal proliferation of transduced donor cells after forced enrichment and expansion in vivo, an important potential safety issue. ..
- Neonatal Chemoselection Following Ex Vivo Gene Transfer For Hereditary DisordersKARIN L GAENSLER; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have developed a new approach combining gene therapy and stem cell transplantation that reduces or eliminates the need for toxic, high dose chemotherapy and immunosuppression used in current transplant protocols and procedures. ..