Affiliation: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Insulin facilitation of muscle protein synthesis following resistance exercise in hindlimb-suspended rats is independent of a rapamycin-sensitive pathwayJames D Fluckey
Nutrition, Metabolism and Exercise Laboratory, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 W Markham, Slot 806, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 287:E1070-5. 2004..These results demonstrate that the capacity for an augmented anabolic response to resistance exercise is maintained after 4 days of HS and is independent of a rapamycin-sensitive pathway...
- Regulation of bone mass by mechanical loading: microarchitecture and geneticsLarry J Suva
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Physiology, and Biophysics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 W Markham Street, Mail 644, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Curr Osteoporos Rep 3:46-51. 2005..It is the focus of this paper to evaluate the evidence underlying roles for genetics, osteocytes, and interstitial fluid flow in mediating disuse osteopenia...
- Insulin-facilitated increase of muscle protein synthesis after resistance exercise involves a MAP kinase pathwayJames D Fluckey
Muscle Biology Laboratory, Dept of Health and Kinesiology, Mail Stop 4243, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77845, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 290:E1205-11. 2006..Together, these results suggest that the insulin-facilitated increase of muscle protein synthesis after resistance exercise requires multiple signaling pathways...
- Effect of flywheel-based resistance exercise on processes contributing to muscle atrophy during unloading in adult ratsEsther E Dupont-Versteegden
Department of Geriatrics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 West Markham 807, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
J Appl Physiol 101:202-12. 2006..Identifying specific exercise parameters that affect these latter processes may be useful in designing effective exercise strategies in the elderly or during spaceflight...
- Physiological role of mGSTA4-4, a glutathione S-transferase metabolizing 4-hydroxynonenal: generation and analysis of mGsta4 null mouseMark R Engle
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, and Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 194:296-308. 2004..The mouse model should be useful for the study of degenerative conditions in which 4-HNE is postulated to be a contributing factor...
- Differential skeletal responses of hindlimb unloaded rats on a vitamin D-deficient diet to 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 and its analog, seocalcitol (EB1089)Ramesh Narayanan
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Bone 35:134-43. 2004....
- Nuclear translocation of EndoG at the initiation of disuse muscle atrophy and apoptosis is specific to myonucleiEsther E Dupont-Versteegden
Department of Geriatrics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 291:R1730-40. 2006....
- Aging alters the skeletal response to disuse in the ratDaniel S Perrien
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 West Markham St, Slot 505, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 292:R988-96. 2007....
- Inhibin A is an endocrine stimulator of bone mass and strengthDaniel S Perrien
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Center for Orthopaedic Research, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 West Markham, Slot 505, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
Endocrinology 148:1654-65. 2007....