Daniel E Furst
Affiliation: University of California
- Wu M, Assassi S, Salazar G, Pedroza C, Gorlova O, Chen W, et al. Genetic susceptibility loci of idiopathic interstitial pneumonia do not represent risk for systemic sclerosis: a case control study in Caucasian patients. Arthritis Res Ther. 2016;18:20 pubmed publisher..However, these associations also did not replicate in the validation cohort. Our results add new evidence that SSc and SSc-related ILD are genetically distinct from IIP, although they share phenotypic similarities. ..
- Scheiman Elazary A, Duan L, Shourt C, Agrawal H, Ellashof D, Cameron Hay M, et al. The Rate of Adherence to Antiarthritis Medications and Associated Factors among Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis: A Systematic Literature Review and Metaanalysis. J Rheumatol. 2016;43:512-23 pubmed publisher..Overall adherence rate was 66%. We suggest that readers appraise adherence studies according to the medications evaluated, the validity of the method, and the scales and cutpoints. ..
- Amarilyo G, Tarp S, Foeldvari I, Cohen N, Pope T, Woo J, et al. Biological agents in polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis: A meta-analysis of randomized withdrawal trials. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2016;46:312-318 pubmed publisher..Overall, biological agents were effective and safe when compared to placebo. Based on these data, other considerations such as price and availability may need to be used to decide among biological agents when treating pJIA patients. ..
- Furst D. The risk of infections with biologic therapies for rheumatoid arthritis. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2010;39:327-46 pubmed publisher..Although suggestive, data for abatacept and rituximab are less definitive and longer periods of patient exposure to these agents are needed before an assessment of their risks can be made. ..
- Senftleber N, Nielsen S, Andersen J, Bliddal H, Tarp S, Lauritzen L, et al. Marine Oil Supplements for Arthritis Pain: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Trials. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..17; 95% CI, -0.57-0.24). The evidence for using marine oil to alleviate pain in arthritis patients was overall of low quality, but of moderate quality in rheumatoid arthritis patients. ..
- Wang Y, Gargani L, Barskova T, Furst D, Cerinic M. Usefulness of lung ultrasound B-lines in connective tissue disease-associated interstitial lung disease: a literature review. Arthritis Res Ther. 2017;19:206 pubmed publisher..Therefore it is important for clinicians to understand the strengths and limitations of LUS in CTD-ILD patients, to maximize its value. ..
- Furst D, Kay J, Wasko M, Keystone E, Kavanaugh A, Deodhar A, et al. The effect of golimumab on haemoglobin levels in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis or ankylosing spondylitis. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2013;52:1845-55 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the effect of golimumab on haemoglobin levels in patients with RA, PsA or AS...
- Kafaja S, Clements P, Wilhalme H, Tseng C, Furst D, Kim G, et al. Reliability and minimal clinically important differences of forced vital capacity: Results from the Scleroderma Lung Studies (SLS-I and SLS-II). Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Clinical trial registration available at www.clinicaltrials.gov, IDs NCT00004563 and NCT00883129. ..
- Furst D. Development of TNF inhibitor therapies for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2010;28:S5-12 pubmed