Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- The types of regular cigarette smokers: a latent class analysisHelena Furberg
Department of Genetics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Medicine 27599 7264, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 7:351-60. 2005....
- Snus use and other correlates of smoking cessation in the Swedish Twin RegistryH Furberg
Department of Genetics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7264, USA
Psychol Med 38:1299-308. 2008..We investigated 12 variables and their interactions as correlates of smoking cessation among regular smokers in the population-based Swedish Twin Registry (STR)...
- The STAGE cohort: a prospective study of tobacco use among Swedish twinsHelena Furberg
Department of Genetics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 10:1727-35. 2008..Patterns of tobacco use may be changing in Sweden; snus use appears to be increasing, while daily smoking appears to be decreasing in popularity among the younger Swedish twins...
- Is Swedish snus associated with smoking initiation or smoking cessation?H Furberg
Department of Genetics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7264, USA
Tob Control 14:422-4. 2005..Evaluation of the efficacy of snus for smoking cessation should be evaluated in randomised clinical trials...
- The Genetic Epidemiology of Nicotine DependenceANNA HELENA BARNES; Fiscal Year: 2007..Findings from this research project will contribute information on genetic reasons for individual differences in nicotine addiction, which could lead to more effective treatment efforts for cigarette smoking. ..