Ellen M Funkhouser
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Vaginal douching practices among women attending a university in the southern United StatesEllen Funkhouser
Department of Epidemiology and International Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
J Am Coll Health 50:177-82. 2002..Douching is common, even among educated young women; nurses' and physicians' advice to stop douching appears to have a salutary effect...
- Migration patterns following HIV diagnosis among adults residing in the nonurban Deep SouthBonita S Agee
University of Alabama at Birmingham, School of Public Health, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0022, USA
AIDS Care 18:S51-8. 2006..We conclude that most HIV transmission in non-urban Alabama and Mississippi is acquired locally. These results underline the need to expand HIV prevention programs in the Deep South...
- Physician and patient influences on provider performance: β-blockers in postmyocardial infarction management in the MI-Plus studyEllen Funkhouser
Division of Preventive Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Alabama Birmingham, 1717 11th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35205, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 4:99-106. 2011..We assessed how variability in providing β-blockers to ambulatory postmyocardial infarction (MI) patients was influenced by physician and patient level characteristics...
- Recruitment activities for a nationwide, population-based, group-randomized trial: the VA MI-Plus studyEllen Funkhouser
VA Research Enhancement Award Program REAP, Birmingham VA Medical Center, Birmingham, AL, USA
Implement Sci 6:105. 2011..We describe the recruitment and enrollment of such a trial testing a clinician-directed, Internet-delivered intervention for improving the care of postmyocardial infarction patients with multiple comorbidities...
- Comorbidity independently predicted death in older prostate cancer patients, more of whom died with than from their diseaseMona N Fouad
Division of Preventive Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1530 3rd Avenue South, MT 618, Birmingham, AL 35294 4410, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 57:721-9. 2004..The purpose of this study was to examine the proportion of men who died from prostate cancer (PrCa) vs. with PrCa and assess the comorbid conditions associated with other-cause deaths...
- DOUCHING AND REPRODUCTIVE TRACT INFECTIONSEllen Funkhouser; Fiscal Year: 2003..Furthermore, the findings will be readily generalizable to a population that historically and currently has some of the highest STD rates in the nation. ..