Michele Jonsson Funk
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Mitochondrial disorders among infants exposed to HIV and antiretroviral therapyMichele Jonsson Funk
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7521, USA
Drug Saf 30:845-59. 2007....
- Doubly robust estimation of causal effectsMichele Jonsson Funk
Department of Epidemiology, Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Am J Epidemiol 173:761-7. 2011..Cary, North Carolina) for doubly robust estimation, available for download at http://www.unc.edu/~mfunk/dr/...
- The role of the c-statistic in variable selection for propensity score modelsDaniel Westreich
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Duke Global Health Institute, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 20:317-20. 2011..Variable selection based on prior subject matter knowledge, empirical observation, and sensitivity analysis is preferable and avoids many of these problems...
- Cesarean delivery on maternal request: maternal and neonatal outcomesAnthony G Visco
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Obstet Gynecol 108:1517-29. 2006..To review systematically the evidence about maternal and infant outcomes of cesarean delivery on maternal request and planned vaginal delivery...
- Time scale and adjusted survival curves for marginal structural cox modelsDaniel Westreich
Department of Epidemiology, Universityof North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NorthCarolina, USA
Am J Epidemiol 171:691-700. 2010..In the present example, use of time on treatment yielded a hazard ratio further from the null and more precise than use of time on study as the time scale...
- Propensity score estimation: neural networks, support vector machines, decision trees (CART), and meta-classifiers as alternatives to logistic regressionDaniel Westreich
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7435, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 63:826-33. 2010..Our objective in this review was to assess machine learning alternatives to logistic regression, which may accomplish the same goals but with fewer assumptions or greater accuracy...
- Subclinical hypothyroidism and risk for incident myocardial infarction among postmenopausal womenVicky A LeGrys
Division of Clinical Laboratory Science, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:2308-17. 2013..However, few studies have specifically examined the association between SCH and myocardial infarction (MI), and the relationship is poorly understood...
- Tuberculosis treatment and risk of stavudine substitution in first-line antiretroviral therapyDaniel J Westreich
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7435, USA
Clin Infect Dis 48:1617-23. 2009..We estimated the effect of TB treatment on risk of stavudine substitution among individuals receiving first-line HAART...