Michele Jonsson Funk
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Mitochondrial disorders among infants exposed to HIV and antiretroviral therapyMichele Jonsson Funk
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7521, USA
Drug Saf 30:845-59. 2007....
- Doubly robust estimation of causal effectsMichele Jonsson Funk
Department of Epidemiology, Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Am J Epidemiol 173:761-7. 2011..Cary, North Carolina) for doubly robust estimation, available for download at http://www.unc.edu/~mfunk/dr/...
- The role of the c-statistic in variable selection for propensity score modelsDaniel Westreich
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Duke Global Health Institute, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 20:317-20. 2011..Variable selection based on prior subject matter knowledge, empirical observation, and sensitivity analysis is preferable and avoids many of these problems...
- Cesarean delivery on maternal request: maternal and neonatal outcomesAnthony G Visco
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Obstet Gynecol 108:1517-29. 2006..To review systematically the evidence about maternal and infant outcomes of cesarean delivery on maternal request and planned vaginal delivery...
- Time scale and adjusted survival curves for marginal structural cox modelsDaniel Westreich
Department of Epidemiology, Universityof North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NorthCarolina, USA
Am J Epidemiol 171:691-700. 2010..In the present example, use of time on treatment yielded a hazard ratio further from the null and more precise than use of time on study as the time scale...
- Propensity score estimation: neural networks, support vector machines, decision trees (CART), and meta-classifiers as alternatives to logistic regressionDaniel Westreich
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7435, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 63:826-33. 2010..Our objective in this review was to assess machine learning alternatives to logistic regression, which may accomplish the same goals but with fewer assumptions or greater accuracy...
- Metformin and the risk of endometrial cancer: a population-based cohort studyEmily M Ko
Department of Epidemiology, Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States University of North Carolina, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, United States University of Pennsylvania, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, United States Electronic address
Gynecol Oncol 136:341-7. 2015..Stabilized inverse probability of treatment weights were used to adjust for potential confounding at baseline...
- Subclinical hypothyroidism and risk for incident myocardial infarction among postmenopausal womenVicky A LeGrys
Division of Clinical Laboratory Science, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:2308-17. 2013..However, few studies have specifically examined the association between SCH and myocardial infarction (MI), and the relationship is poorly understood...
- Tuberculosis treatment and risk of stavudine substitution in first-line antiretroviral therapyDaniel J Westreich
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7435, USA
Clin Infect Dis 48:1617-23. 2009..We estimated the effect of TB treatment on risk of stavudine substitution among individuals receiving first-line HAART...
- Effect/Earlier HAART/HIV disease progression/survivalMichele Jonsson Funk; Fiscal Year: 2007..etroviral treatment so as to maximize the benefit that HAART can offer. ..