Mark K Fung
Affiliation: University of Vermont
- Severe hemolysis resulting from D incompatibility in a case of ABO-identical liver transplantMark K Fung
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pennsylvania, USA
Transfusion 44:1635-9. 2004..Approximately 10 percent of ABO-compatible liver transplants involve a D- donor and a D+ recipient...
- Clinical effects of reverting from leukoreduced to nonleukoreduced blood in cardiac surgeryMark K Fung
Department of Pathology, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
Transfusion 46:386-91. 2006..Follow-up data are now presented in a similar population after a 12-month period in which LR blood was no longer routinely used...
- Transfusion of platelets containing ABO-incompatible plasma: a survey of 3156 North American laboratoriesMark K Fung
Department of Pathology, Fletcher Allen Health Care, 111 Colchester Ave, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 131:909-16. 2007..However, limited data describe the extent to which transfusion services manage such platelet transfusions or the methods used to limit the risk of such reactions...
- A proposal for curriculum content in transfusion medicine and blood banking education in pathology residency programsMark K Fung
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Fletcher Allen Health Care, 111 Colchester Avenue, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Transfusion 47:1930-6. 2007
- Platelet-white blood cell (WBC) interaction, WBC apoptosis, and procoagulant activity in stored red blood cellsFriederike K Keating
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont, USA
Transfusion 51:1086-95. 2011..The aim of this study was to characterize PLT-WBC interactions (PLT-WBC aggregates [PLAs]), WBC apoptosis, WBC death, and the development of procoagulant activity in RBCs during storage...
- Leukoreduction in the setting of open heart surgery: a prospective cohort-controlled studyMark K Fung
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, USA
Transfusion 44:30-5. 2004..Immunomodulatory effects of leukoreduction have also been postulated to play a significant role in the clinical outcome of open heart surgery...
- Induction of platelet white blood cell (WBC) aggregate formation by platelets and WBCs in red blood cell unitsFriederike K Keating
Department of Medicine and Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Transfusion 48:1099-105. 2008..Transfusion of red blood cell (RBC) preparations is independently associated with adverse clinical outcomes in patients with acute cardiovascular disease. This study was designed to define mechanisms potentially contributing...
- Validation of HLAMatchmaker algorithm in identifying acceptable HLA mismatches for thrombocytopenic patients refractory to platelet transfusionsErin G Brooks
Department of Pathology, University of Vermont and Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, Vermont 05401, USA
Transfusion 48:2159-66. 2008..HLAMatchmaker (HLAMM) is an algorithm that determines donor-recipient histocompatibility based on HLA type. This study determines the effectiveness of HLAMM in identifying suitable platelet (PLT) donors for refractory patients...