Constance H Fung
Affiliation: University of California
- Variation in implementation and use of computerized clinical reminders in an integrated healthcare systemConstance H Fung
Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Manag Care 10:878-85. 2004..To identify patterns of use of computerized clinical reminders (CCRs) across an integrated healthcare system and describe institutional factors associated with their implementation...
- An evaluation of the Veterans Health Administration's clinical reminders system: a national survey of generalistsConstance H Fung
VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:392-8. 2008..The Veterans Health Administration (VHA) is a leader in developing computerized clinical reminders (CCRs). Primary care physicians' (PCPs) evaluation of VHA CCRs could influence their future development and use within and outside the VHA...
- Is patient-perceived severity of a geriatric condition related to better quality of care?Lillian C Min
Department of Medicine, Division of Geriatrics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Med Care 49:101-7. 2011..Care for falls and urinary incontinence (UI) among older patients is inadequate. One possible explanation is that physicians provide less recommended care to patients who are not as concerned about their falls and UI...
- Quality indicators for the care of stroke and atrial fibrillation in vulnerable eldersEric M Cheng
Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:S431-7. 2007
- Quality indicators for the care of hypertension in vulnerable eldersLillian C Min
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:S359-65. 2007
- Quality indicators for the care of ischemic heart disease in vulnerable eldersKarol Watson
Division of Cardiology, University of California at Los Angeles Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:S366-72. 2007
- Prospects and challenges in using patient-reported outcomes in clinical practiceConstance H Fung
Zynx Health, Incorporated, 10880 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Qual Life Res 17:1297-302. 2008..These measures are a core aspect of health care, but there is much to be learned about how to use them to improve clinical practice...
- The relationship between multimorbidity and patients' ratings of communicationConstance H Fung
Zynx Health, Incorporated, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:788-93. 2008..Few data are available on how multimorbidity affects common performance metrics...
- Quality indicators for the care of sleep disorders in vulnerable eldersJennifer L Martin
Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center GRECC, Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System BLAHS, Los Angeles, CA 91343, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:S424-30. 2007
- Quality indicators for screening and prevention in vulnerable eldersNallini Gnanadesigan
Los Angeles Jewish Home for the Aging, Reseda, CA, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:S417-23. 2007
- Quality indicators for hospitalization and surgery in vulnerable eldersVineet M Arora
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:S347-58. 2007
- Patients' preferences for technical versus interpersonal quality when selecting a primary care physicianConstance H Fung
Greater Los Angeles VA Healthcare Systems, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Health Serv Res 40:957-77. 2005..To assess patients' use of and preferences for information about technical and interpersonal quality when using simulated, computerized health care report cards to select a primary care provider (PCP)...
- Key elements of high-quality primary care for vulnerable eldersDavid A Ganz
VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System 11G, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:2018-23. 2008..Finally, we discuss how the physical plant, people, workflow management, and community linkages in a primary care practice can be restructured to better serve these patients...
- Computerized condition-specific templates for improving care of geriatric syndromes in a primary care settingConstance H Fung
VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Division of General Internal Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, RAND Corporation, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 21:989-94. 2006..Little is known about the role of computerized condition-specific templates for improving care of geriatric syndromes...
- Quality indicators for the screening and care of urinary incontinence in vulnerable eldersConstance H Fung
RAND, Santa Monica, CA 90407 2138, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:S443-9. 2007
- Identifying barriers to the effective use of clinical reminders: bootstrapping multiple methodsEmily S Patterson
VA Getting at Patient Safety Center, VAMC Cincinnati, University of Cincinnati School of Medicine, USA
J Biomed Inform 38:189-99. 2005..We discuss potential implications regarding the similarities and differences in study findings for factors to consider in planning interventions to improve clinical reminder use...
- Geographic variation across veterans affairs medical centers in the treatment of early stage prostate cancerBenjamin A Spencer
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California Los Angeles, California 90095 1738, USA
J Urol 172:2362-5. 2004..We investigated geographic variation in the treatment of early stage prostate cancer in a national sample of veterans after widespread adoption of the prostate specific antigen test...