Brent D Fulton
Affiliation: University of California
- National variation of ADHD diagnostic prevalence and medication use: health care providers and education policiesBrent D Fulton
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, 50 University Hall, MC7360, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Psychiatr Serv 60:1075-83. 2009..The purpose of this study was to estimate this variation across states and examine whether a state's health care provider characteristics and education policies are associated with this variation...
- Health workforce skill mix and task shifting in low income countries: a review of recent evidenceBrent D Fulton
Global Center for Health Economics and Policy Research, School of Public Health, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, USA
Hum Resour Health 9:1. 2011..abstract:..
- Positive association between attention-deficit/ hyperactivity disorder medication use and academic achievement during elementary schoolRichard M Scheffler
School of Public Health, Nicholas C Petris Center on Health Care Markets and Consumer Welfare, University of California, 50 University Hall, MC7360, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Pediatrics 123:1273-9. 2009..Our objective was to determine if reported medication use for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder is positively associated with academic achievement during elementary school...
- Health care supply and county-level variation in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder prescription medicationsTim A Bruckner
Program in Public Health and Planning, Policy and Design, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 7075, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 21:442-9. 2012..We examine, across counties in the USA, whether the use of prescription medications to treat ADHD varies positively with supply-side healthcare characteristics...
- Estimates of health care professional shortages in sub-Saharan Africa by 2015Richard M Scheffler
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 28:w849-62. 2009..6 billion (2007 $US)-more than 2.5 times current wage-bill projections for 2015. We illustrate how changes in workforce mix can reduce this cost, and we discuss policy implications of our results...
- International variation in treatment procedures for ADHD: social context and recent trendsStephen P Hinshaw
Department of Psychology, The University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:459-64. 2011..This article presents data from a cross-national workshop and survey related to questions of variability in diagnostic and, particularly, treatment procedures...
- The mental health workforce gap in low- and middle-income countries: a needs-based approachTim A Bruckner
Department of Public Health and Planning, Policy and Design, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 7075, USA
Bull World Health Organ 89:184-94. 2011..To estimate the shortage of mental health professionals in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs)...