Jessica M Fuller
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Sequence variation and expression of the Gimap gene family in the BB ratElizabeth A Rutledge
Diabetes and Endocrinology Research Center, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Exp Diabetes Res 2009:835650. 2009..Only four; Gimap1, Gimap4, Gimap5, and Gimap9 were reduced in thymus. Our data substantiates the Gimap5 frameshift mutation as the primary defect with only limited contributions to lymphopenia from the remaining Gimap genes...
- Genetic dissection reveals diabetes loci proximal to the gimap5 lymphopenia geneJ M Fuller
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Clinical Research Center, Malmo, Sweden
Physiol Genomics 38:89-97. 2009..Our results show that spontaneous T1D is controlled by at least two genetic loci 7 Mb apart on rat chromosome 4...
- Introgression of F344 rat genomic DNA on BB rat chromosome 4 generates diabetes-resistant lymphopenic BB ratsJessica M Fuller
University of Washington, Department of Medicine, 1959 NE Pacific St, Box 357710, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Diabetes 55:3351-7. 2006..Spontaneous diabetes in the BB rat may therefore be controlled, in part, by a diabetogenic factor(s), perhaps unrelated to the Gimap5 mutation on rat chromosome 4...
- Differential effects of leptin receptor mutation on male and female BBDR Gimap5-/Gimap5- spontaneously diabetic ratsDaniel H Moralejo
Departments of Comparative Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Physiol Genomics 41:9-20. 2010..lepr-/lepr-,Gimap5-/Gimap5-) congenic rats. BBDR.(lepr-/lepr-,Gimap5-/Gimap5-) congenic rats should prove valuable to study interactions between lack of leptin receptor signaling, obesity, and sex-specific T2D and T1D...
- BB rat Gimap gene expression in sorted lymphoid T and B cellsDaniel H Moralejo
Department of Comparative Medicine, University of Washington 1959 N E Pacific St, Box 357710, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Life Sci 89:748-54. 2011..We hypothesized that expression of the Gimap family members within the Iddm39 QTL, during thymocyte development as well as in peripheral T and B cells contribute to T1D...
- Prolonged survival and improved glycemia in BioBreeding diabetic rats after early sustained exposure to glucagon-like peptide 1Ofer Yanay
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Gene Med 12:538-44. 2010..We hypothesized that the expression of GLP-1 before disease onset would increase islet mass, delay diabetes and prolong survival of BB rats...
- Decreased core temperature and increased beta(3)-adrenergic sensitivity in diabetes-prone BB ratsLina Akesson
Diabetes and Celiac Disease Unit, Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Diabetes Technol Ther 9:354-62. 2007..We tested the hypothesis that temperature measurements could serve as a physiological marker for the impending onset of hyperglycemia...
- Analysis of the rat Iddm14 diabetes susceptibility locus in multiple rat strains: identification of a susceptibility haplotype in the Tcrb-V locusJohn P Mordes
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, 01655, USA
Mamm Genome 20:162-9. 2009....
- Treatment of diabetic rats with encapsulated isletsIan R Sweet
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Cell Mol Med 12:2644-50. 2008..TheraCyte devices can sustain islets, protect allogeneic cells from immune attack and provide treatment for diabetic-mediated weight loss in both BB rats and STZ-induced diabetic rats...
- Transgenic rescue demonstrates involvement of the Ian5 gene in T cell development in the ratMieczyslaw Michalkiewicz
Department of Physiology, Human Molecular and Genetics Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226 0509, USA
Physiol Genomics 19:228-32. 2004..It also demonstrates that transgenic rescue in the rat is a practical and definitive method for revealing the function of a novel gene...