Karen H Frith
Affiliation: University of Alabama in Huntsville
- Assessing and selecting data for a nursing services dashboardKaren H Frith
College of Nursing, University of Alabama in Huntsville, 301 Sparkman Dr, Huntsville, AL 35899, USA
J Nurs Adm 40:10-6. 2010..The authors examine the sources, attributes, and uses of administrative data to assist nurse leaders to make informed decisions in selecting data for inclusion in their nursing services dashboard...
- Effects of nurse staffing on hospital-acquired conditions and length of stay in community hospitalsKaren H Frith
College of Nursing, University of Alabama in Huntsville, Huntsville, AL 35899, USA
Qual Manag Health Care 19:147-55. 2010..Error-free care is the goal of health care professionals, consumers, and public policy makers. Because nurses can be the last barrier between a patient and an error, there is a need to examine this pressing nursing issue-nurse staffing...
- Implementation of customized health information technology in diabetes self management programsSusan Alexander
College of Nursing, University of Alabama in Huntsville, Alabama, USA
Clin Nurse Spec 25:63-70. 2011..The project was a nurse-led implementation of a software application, designed to combine clinical and demographic records for a diabetes education program, which would result in secure, long-term record storage...
- Nurse staffing is an important strategy to prevent medication error in community hospitalsKaren H Frith
College of Nursing, University of Alabama, Huntsville, Huntsville, AL, USA
Nurs Econ 30:288-94. 2012..The current study shows that increasing the number of RN hours and decreasing or eliminating LPN hours can be a strategy to reduce medication errors...
- Linking economics and quality: developing an evidence-based nurse staffing toolE Faye Anderson
University of Alabama in Huntsville, College of Nursing, Huntsville, Alabama, USA
Nurs Adm Q 35:53-60. 2011..The success of the collaborative is due to the commitment and participation of leaders from various disciplines in both organizations...