CHRISTOPHER RYAN FRIESE
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Providers of follow-up care in a population-based sample of breast cancer survivorsChristopher R Friese
School of Nursing, University of Michigan, 400 North Ingalls Building, Ann Arbor, MI, 48109 5482, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 144:179-84. 2014..Different survivorship care patterns emerge on race/ethnicity and insurance status. Interventions are needed to inform patients and providers on the recommended sources of breast cancer follow-up...
- Adjuvant endocrine therapy initiation and persistence in a diverse sample of patients with breast cancerChristopher R Friese
University of Michigan, 400 North Ingalls 4162, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 138:931-9. 2013..98, 95 % CI 0.95-0.99). Enhanced patient education about potential side effects and the effectiveness of adjuvant endocrine therapy in improving outcomes may improve initiation and persistence rates and optimize breast cancer survival...
- Nursing practice environments and job outcomes in ambulatory oncology settingsChristopher R Friese
Division of Nursing Business and Health Systems, University of Michigan School of Nursing, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5482, USA
J Nurs Adm 43:149-54. 2013..The aim of this study was to investigate job satisfaction and intent to stay for ambulatory oncology nurses...
- Structures and processes of care in ambulatory oncology settings and nurse-reported exposure to chemotherapyChristopher R Friese
Nursing Business and Health Systems, University of Michigan School of Nursing, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5482, USA
BMJ Qual Saf 21:753-9. 2012....
- Practice environments of nurses employed in ambulatory oncology settings: measure refinementChristopher R Friese
Division of Nursing Business and Health Systems, School of Nursing, University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 39:166-72. 2012..To examine the reliability and validity of modified items from the Practice Environment Scale of the Nursing Work Index (PES-NWI) for use in the understudied ambulatory oncology setting...
- National Cancer Institute Cancer Center designation and 30-day mortality for hospitalized, immunocompromised cancer patientsChristopher R Friese
University of Michigan School of Nursing, Ann Arbor, USA
Cancer Invest 28:751-7. 2010..To examine 30-day mortality and National Cancer Institute (NCI) designation for cancer patients who are immunocompromised and hospitalized...
- Hospital characteristics, clinical severity, and outcomes for surgical oncology patientsChristopher R Friese
Division of Nursing Business and Health Systems, School of Nursing, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5482, USA
Surgery 147:602-9. 2010..Our objective was to determine whether differences in outcomes explained by hospital structural characteristics are mitigated by differences in patient severity...
- Breast biopsy patterns and outcomes in Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results-Medicare dataChristopher R Friese
Division of Nursing Business and Health Systems, University of Michigan School of Nursing, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5482, USA
Cancer 115:716-24. 2009..We sought to study the use of needle biopsy and open surgical biopsy in women with breast cancer, predictors of needle biopsy use, and the effect of biopsy choice on overall number of surgical procedures needed to treat breast cancer...
- Failure to rescue in the surgical oncology population: implications for nursing and quality improvementChristopher R Friese
School of Nursing, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA at
Oncol Nurs Forum 35:779-85. 2008..To analyze the frequency, type, and correlates of postoperative complications for surgical patients with cancer to illustrate practical application of the failure to rescue concept in oncology nursing practice...
- Coordinating cancer care: patient and practice management processes among surgeons who treat breast cancerSteven J Katz
Department of Internal Medicine and Health Management Policy, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Med Care 48:45-51. 2010..These initiatives parallel those underway to integrate the management of patients with chronic conditions...
- Does it matter where you go for breast surgery?: attending surgeon's influence on variation in receipt of mastectomy for breast cancerSteven J Katz
Division of General Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Med Care 48:892-9. 2010..Concerns about the use of mastectomy and breast reconstruction for breast cancer have motivated interest in surgeon's influence on the variation in receipt of these procedures...
- Perceptions of care coordination in a population-based sample of diverse breast cancer patientsSarah T Hawley
Division of General Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0429, USA
Patient Educ Couns 81:S34-40. 2010..To identify factors associated with perceptions of care coordination in a diverse sample of breast cancer patients...
- Neutropenia: state of the knowledge part IIAnita Nirenberg
School of Nursing, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 33:1202-8. 2006....
- Neutropenia: state of the knowledge part IAnita Nirenberg
School of Nursing, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 33:1193-201. 2006..To review neutrophil physiology, consequences of chemotherapy-induced neutropenia (CIN), CIN risk assessment models, national practice guidelines, the impact of febrile neutropenia and infection, and what is known and unknown about CIN...
- Diagnostic delay and complications for older adults with multiple myelomaChristopher R Friese
School of Nursing, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 50:392-400. 2009..2-1.6) significantly predicted complications; diagnostic delay did not (OR 0.9, 95% CI 0.8-1.1). Our data suggest that complications are more strongly associated with health status and myeloma severity than with diagnostic delays...
- Fostering Independence in Nursing and Outcomes ResearchChristopher Friese; Fiscal Year: 2009..The research projects examine the relationship between the nursing practice environment and outcomes of care for patients with cancer. ..