J R Fricton
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Atypical orofacial pain disorders: a study of diagnostic subtypesJ R Fricton
University of Minnesota, School of Dentistry, 515 Delaware Street, SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Curr Rev Pain 4:142-7. 2000..These difficult to diagnose disorders are reviewed with discussion of future research that is needed in this area...
- The effect of electronic health records on the use of clinical care guidelines for patients with medically complex conditionsJames Fricton
HealthPartners Research Foundation, 8170 33rd Ave South, Bloomington, MN 55440 1524, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 142:1133-42. 2011..The emergence of health information technology provides an opportunity for health care providers to improve the quality and safety of dental care, particularly for patients with medically complex conditions...
- Using teledentistry to improve access to dental care for the underservedJames Fricton
University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, 515 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Dent Clin North Am 53:537-48. 2009..It enables the specialist located many miles away to make a diagnosis and recommend treatment options and/or referral...
- Long-term study of temporomandibular joint surgery with alloplastic implants compared with nonimplant surgery and nonsurgical rehabilitation for painful temporomandibular joint disc displacementJames R Fricton
Received from the Department of Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, Minneapolis, MN, 55455, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 60:1400-11; discussion 1411-2. 2002..These cases were compared with other cases of the same diagnosis treated with either nonsurgical rehabilitation or nonimplant surgery involving discectomy or disc repair procedures...
- The relationship of temporomandibular disorders and fibromyalgia: implications for diagnosis and treatmentJames R Fricton
Department of Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, 6 320 Moos Tower, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Curr Pain Headache Rep 8:355-63. 2004..This paper reviews the characteristics and relationship between TMD and FM and discusses how the similar mechanisms and diagnostic and treatment strategies for both disorders suggest that there is a close relationship between them...
- Myogenous temporomandibular disorders: diagnostic and management considerationsJames Fricton
Diagnostic and Biological Sciences, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, 6 320 Moos, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Dent Clin North Am 51:61-83, vi. 2007..Management follows with stretching, posture, and relaxation exercises, physical therapy, reduction of contributing factors, and as necessary, muscle injections...
- Evaluation of surgically retrieved temporomandibular joint alloplastic implants: pilot studyJoao N A R Ferreira
University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, Minneapolis, MN, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 66:1112-24. 2008..In addition, we investigated the implants' surface and examined the foreign body reaction associated with different types of alloplastic materials...
- Psychometric properties of the modified Symptom Severity Index (SSI)D R Nixdorf
Division of TMD and Orofacial Pain, School of Dentistry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Oral Rehabil 37:11-20. 2010..Further research is needed to confirm these findings and assess relationships between dimensions of pain as experienced in other chronic pain disorders...
- Development of orofacial pain programs in dental schoolsJames R Fricton
University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, 515 Delaware Street SE, 15 209 Moos Tower, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Orofac Pain 16:191-7. 2002..These features may be of assistance to those considering the development of such programs in the United States and elsewhere in the world...
- The effect of fibromyalgia and widespread pain on the clinically significant temporomandibular muscle and joint pain disorders--a prospective 18-month cohort studyAna Miriam Velly
Department of Diagnostic and Biological Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Pain 11:1155-64. 2010..PERSPECTIVE: Fibromyalgia and widespread pain should receive important consideration when evaluating and developing a treatment plan for patients with TMJD...
- Evidence of oxidative stress in temporomandibular disorders: a pilot studyD Rodriguez de Sotillo
School of Dentistry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
J Oral Rehabil 38:722-8. 2011..These biomarkers hold promise as a potential diagnostic and therapeutic strategy...
- Randomized effectiveness study of four therapeutic strategies for TMJ closed lockE L Schiffman
University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, Department of Diagnostic and Biological Sciences, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Dent Res 86:58-63. 2007..The findings of this study suggest that primary treatment for individuals with TMJ closed lock should consist of medical management or rehabilitation. The use of this approach will avoid unnecessary surgical procedures...
- SYM-2081 a kainate receptor antagonist reduces allodynia and hyperalgesia in a freeze injury model of neuropathic painL E Ta
Department of Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Brain Res 858:106-20. 2000..05). These results suggest that kainate and opioid receptors are involved in the mechanical allodynia and thermal hyperalgesia that develop following cold injury to the sciatic nerve...
- Critical appraisal of methods used in randomized controlled trials of treatments for temporomandibular disordersJames R Fricton
School of Dentistry, University of Minnesota, 515 Delaware St SE, 6 320 Moos, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Orofac Pain 24:139-51. 2010....
- BIOBEHAVIORAL ETIOLOGY OF CHRONIC TEMPOROMANDIBULARJames Fricton; Fiscal Year: 2001..Questionnaires will include RDC/TMD axis I and II, coping strategies questionnaire, a self report fibromyalgia screening form, and IMPATH. ..
- eHealth Records to Improve Dental Care for Patients with Chronic IllnessesJames Fricton; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..