C R Frei
Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Effectiveness of compounded bioidentical hormone replacement therapy: an observational cohort studyAndres D Ruiz
Pharmacotherapy Education and Research Center, The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
BMC Womens Health 11:27. 2011..The objective of this study is to evaluate the effectiveness of compounded BHRT provided in six community pharmacies...
- Black race as a predictor of poor health outcomes among a national cohort of HIV/AIDS patients admitted to US hospitals: a cohort studyChristine U Oramasionwu
College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas, Austin, TX, USA
BMC Infect Dis 9:127. 2009..To investigate the impact of these factors, we compared hospital mortality and length of stay (LOS) between Blacks and Whites with HIV/AIDS while adjusting for differences in these key characteristics...
- Disparities of care for African-Americans and Caucasians with community-acquired pneumonia: a retrospective cohort studyChristopher R Frei
The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy, Austin, TX 78712, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 10:143. 2010..S. hospitals with community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) are more likely than Caucasians to experience prolonged hospital length of stay (LOS), possibly due to either differential treatment decisions or patient characteristics...
- Impact of atypical coverage for patients with community-acquired pneumonia managed on the medical ward: results from the United States Community-Acquired Pneumonia ProjectChristopher R Frei
College of Pharmacy, University of Texas, Austin, USA
Pharmacotherapy 23:1167-74. 2003....
- Medical resource utilization among community-acquired pneumonia patients initially treated with levofloxacin 750 mg daily versus ceftriaxone 1000 mg plus azithromycin 500 mg daily: a US-based studyC R Frei
University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 25:859-68. 2009....
- Emergence of community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus skin and soft tissue infections as a common cause of hospitalization in United States childrenChristopher R Frei
The University of Texas at Austin, College of Pharmacy, Austin, TX 78712, USA
J Pediatr Surg 45:1967-74. 2010..Since then, possible risk factors for contracting CA-MRSA have been hypothesized, but supporting studies are limited...
- Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole or clindamycin for community-associated MRSA (CA-MRSA) skin infectionsChristopher R Frei
College of Pharmacy, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 23:714-9. 2010..Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole (TMP-SMX) and clindamycin are often used as first-line treatment options, but clinical data are lacking...
- Retrospective cohort study of hospitalized adults treated with vancomycin or clindamycin for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus skin infectionsChristopher R Frei
College of Pharmacy, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Clin Ther 32:2024-9. 2010..Vancomycin alternatives, including clindamycin, have in vitro activity against current strains of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), but clinical evidence of their effectiveness is needed...
- Fluoroquinolones in community-acquired pneumonia: guide to selection and appropriate useChristopher R Frei
Pharmacotherapy Division, College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas, Austin, Texas, USA
Drugs 71:757-70. 2011....
- Pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic modeling to predict in vivo effectiveness of various dosing regimens of piperacillin/tazobactam and piperacillin monotherapy against gram-negative pulmonary isolates from patients managed in intensive care units in 2002Christopher R Frei
Center for the Advancement of Research and Education in Infectious Diseases, The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy and Pharmacotherapy Research and Education Center, Austin, Texas, USA
Clin Ther 30:2335-41. 2008....
- Antimicrobial breakpoints for gram-negative aerobic bacteria based on pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic models with Monte Carlo simulationChristopher R Frei
Center for Advancement of Research and Education in Infectious Diseases, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 61:621-8. 2008..This study describes a comprehensive programme designed to develop pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic (PK-PD) breakpoints for numerous antimicrobial classes against key gram-negative aerobic bacteria...
- A clinical pathway for community-acquired pneumonia: an observational cohort studyChristopher R Frei
College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, 1 University Station A1900, Austin, TX 78712, USA
BMC Infect Dis 11:188. 2011..We proposed this study to determine the impact of pathway antibiotics on patient survival, hospital length of stay (LOS), and total hospital cost...
- Monotherapy versus combination antibiotic therapy for patients with bacteremic Streptococcus pneumoniae community-acquired pneumoniaR Chokshi
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78284, USA
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 26:447-51. 2007..Randomized controlled trials are needed to determine what is the optimal empiric antimicrobial regime for patients with community-acquired pneumonia...
- Continuous infusion beta-lactams for intensive care unit pulmonary infectionsC R Frei
College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, TX, USA
Clin Microbiol Infect 11:418-21. 2005..Beta-lactams are unlikely to achieve pharmacodynamic targets against Pseudomonas aeruginosa or Acinetobacter baumannii when administered as monotherapy...
- Guideline-concordant antibiotic use and survival among patients with community-acquired pneumonia admitted to the intensive care unitChristopher R Frei
University of Texas at Austin, College of Pharmacy, Austin, Texas, USA
Clin Ther 32:293-9. 2010..This study evaluated the survival benefit of US community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) practice guidelines in the intensive care unit (ICU) setting...
- The contribution of pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modelling with Monte Carlo simulation to the development of susceptibility breakpoints for Neisseria meningitidisD S Burgess
College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, USA
Clin Microbiol Infect 13:33-9. 2007..Proposed PK-PD breakpoints applicable to CSF were: penicillin and cefotaxime, 0.06 mg/L; rifampicin, 0.125 mg/L; ceftriaxone, meropenem and trimethoprim-sulphamethoxazole, 0.25 mg/L; ampicillin, 0.5 mg/L; and chloramphenicol, 1 mg/L...
- Guideline-concordant therapy and outcomes in healthcare-associated pneumoniaR T Attridge
Feik School of Pharmacy, University of the Incarnate Word, School of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Eur Respir J 38:878-87. 2011..12, 95% CI 1.82-2.48) in the propensity score analysis. In nonsevere HCAP patients, GC-HCAP therapy is not associated with improved survival compared with GC-CAP therapy...
- Influence of culture site-specific MIC distributions on the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties of piperacillin/tazobactam and piperacillin: a data analysisChristopher R Frei
College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas, Austin, Texas, USA
Clin Ther 28:1035-40. 2006..Furthermore, these data suggest that traditional reporting strategies for microbiological data (ie, MIC50 and MIC90) might fail to adequately characterize the MIC population...
- Pharmacodynamic modeling of carbapenems and fluoroquinolones against bacteria that produce extended-spectrum beta-lactamasesLeticia R Moczygemba
College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, USA
Clin Ther 26:1800-7. 2004....
- Comparison of beta-lactam regimens for the treatment of gram-negative pulmonary infections in the intensive care unit based on pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamicsDavid S Burgess
College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, 1 University Station Stop A1900, Austin, TX 78712, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 56:893-8. 2005..This study utilized pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics to compare beta-lactam regimens for the empirical and definitive treatment of gram-negative pulmonary infections in the ICU...
- Health economics of use fluoroquinolones to treat patients with community-acquired pneumoniaMarcos I Restrepo
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Am J Med 123:S39-46. 2010..In this review, we focus on the empiric antibiotic choices and associated costs of treatment for hospitalized patients with CAP, focusing on the use of fluoroquinolone therapy as recommended by the CAP guidelines...
- Pharmacodynamics of intermittent and continuous infusion piperacillin/tazobactam and cefepime against extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing organismsAlicia M Reese
Division of Pharmacotherapy, College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA
Int J Antimicrob Agents 26:114-9. 2005....
- Impact of guideline-concordant empiric antibiotic therapy in community-acquired pneumoniaChristopher R Frei
University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy, Austin, Tex, USA
Am J Med 119:865-71. 2006....
- Pharmacodynamic analysis of ceftriaxone, gatifloxacin,and levofloxacin against Streptococcus pneumoniae with the use of Monte Carlo simulationChristopher R Frei
College of Pharmacy, University of Texas, Austin, Texas, USA
Pharmacotherapy 25:1161-7. 2005..Rate of decline in the pharmacodynamic curve was most pronounced for the two levofloxacin regimens and more gradual for gatifloxacin and ceftriaxone...