Affiliation: University of Southern California
- The effect of prenatal highly active antiretroviral therapy on the transmission of congenital and perinatal/early postnatal cytomegalovirus among HIV-infected and HIV-exposed infantsToni Frederick
Department of Pediatrics, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Clin Infect Dis 55:877-84. 2012..This study examines congenital and perinatal/early postnatal (P/EP) CMV among HIV-exposed infants pre- and post- HAART...
- Factors associated with prevalent hepatitis C infection among HIV-infected women with no reported history of injection drug use: the Women's Interagency HIV Study (WIHS)Toni Frederick
Maternal Child and Adolescent Center for Infectious Diseases and Virology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 23:915-23. 2009..25). For HIV-positive women with no reported history of IDU, sex with an IDU male was independently associated with HCV suggesting that sexual transmission may be an important mode of HCV transmission for these high-risk women...
- Correlates of perinatal depression in HIV-infected womenSuad Kapetanovic
USC Keck School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, HRA Building, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 23:101-8. 2009..We conclude that pregnant HIV-infected women should be routinely screened for PND. Prospective studies examining the bio-psycho-social markers of PND in HIV-infected women are indicated...
- Activation of CD8 T cells predicts progression of HIV infection in women coinfected with hepatitis C virusAndrea Kovacs
Maternal, Child, and Adolescent, Center for Infectious Diseases and Virology, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, HRA 300, 1640 Marengo St, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
J Infect Dis 201:823-34. 2010....
- Association of HIV clinical disease progression with profiles of early immune activation: results from a cluster analysis approachRoksana Karim
Department of Pediatrics, Maternal, Child and Adolescent Center for Infectious Diseases and Virology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
AIDS 27:1473-81. 2013..CD4 and CD8 T-cell activation are independent predictors of AIDS. The complete activation profile of both T-cell subtypes and their predictive value for AIDS risk is largely unknown...
- Current epidemiology of Pneumocystis pneumoniaAlison Morris
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 10:1713-20. 2004....
- Epidemiology of Pneumocystis colonization in familiesLaShonda Spencer
Maternal Child and Adolescent Center for Infectious Diseases and Virology, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and Will Rogers Institute Pulmonary Research Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Clin Infect Dis 46:1237-40. 2008..Using nested polymerase chain reaction of oropharyngeal or nasopharyngeal samples, we detected colonization in 11.4% of HIV-infected adults and in 3.3% of their children, but there was no evidence of clustering...
- Who and why? HIV-testing refusal during pregnancy: implication for pediatric HIV epidemic disparityGetahun Aynalem
Los Angeles County Department of Health Services, Acute Communicable Disease Control Program, Pediatric HIV AIDS Surveillance, California, USA
AIDS Behav 8:25-31. 2004..54, 95% CI 1.91-6.57). The most common reasons for testing refusal were being in a monogamous relationship for foreign-born women (41%) and already being tested for U.S.-born women (65%)...