Guido K W Frank
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Localized brain volume and white matter integrity alterations in adolescent anorexia nervosaGuido K W Frank
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, School of Medicine Electronic address
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 52:1066-1075.e5. 2013..The neurobiological underpinnings of anorexia nervosa (AN) are poorly understood. In this study, we tested whether brain gray matter (GM) and white matter (WM) in adolescents with AN would show alterations comparable to those in adults...
- Altered brain reward circuits in eating disorders: chicken or egg?Guido K W Frank
Departments of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, School of Medicine, Children s Hospital Colorado, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 15:396. 2013....
- Anorexia nervosa and obesity are associated with opposite brain reward responseGuido K W Frank
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 37:2031-46. 2012..The mechanism for this association is uncertain, but these brain reward response patterns could be biomarkers for the respective weight state...
- Heightened fear of uncertainty in anorexia and bulimia nervosaGuido K W Frank
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
Int J Eat Disord 45:227-32. 2012..To test whether intolerance of uncertainty (IU) is related to eating disorder (ED) pathology...
- Reward and neurocomputational processesGuido K W Frank
Department of Psychiatry, Developmental Brain Research Program, University of Colorado Denver, The Children s Hospital, Gary Pavilion A036 B 130, 13123 East 16th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Curr Top Behav Neurosci 6:95-110. 2011....
- Altered temporal difference learning in bulimia nervosaGuido K W Frank
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Denver, The Children s Hospital, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Biol Psychiatry 70:728-35. 2011..Recent animal literature suggests that binge eating is associated with altered brain dopamine (DA) reward function. In this study, we wanted to investigate DA-related brain reward learning in BN...
- Heightened sensitivity to reward and punishment in anorexia nervosaLeah M Jappe
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Int J Eat Disord 44:317-24. 2011..The objective of this study is to test whether females with anorexia nervosa (AN) have increased sensitivity to punishing or rewarding stimuli, behaviors that could drive high self-control and anxious, avoidant behaviors...
- Altered fimbria-fornix white matter integrity in anorexia nervosa predicts harm avoidanceDemitry Kazlouski
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Psychiatry Res 192:109-16. 2011..The prediction of Harm Avoidance in AN by fimbria-fornix WM integrity suggests that this pathway may be mechanistically involved in high anxiety in AN...
- Cognitive set-shifting in anorexia nervosaMegan E Shott
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Denver, CO, USA
Eur Eat Disord Rev 20:343-9. 2012..Adult anorexia nervosa (AN) is associated with inefficient cognitive flexibility and set-shifting. Whether such inefficiencies also characterize adolescent AN is an important area of research...
- Altered implicit category learning in anorexia nervosaMegan E Shott
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
Neuropsychology 26:191-201. 2012..Another such cognitive process, implicit category learning has been less studied in AN. This study examined whether implicit category learning is impaired in AN...
- White matter integrity is reduced in bulimia nervosaLisa N Mettler
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado School of Medicine, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO, USA
Int J Eat Disord 46:264-73. 2013..To investigate brain white matter (WM) functionality in bulimia nervosa (BN) in relation to anxiety...
- Sucrose activates human taste pathways differently from artificial sweetenerGuido K W Frank
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Department of Psychiatry, The Children s Hospital, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Neuroimage 39:1559-69. 2008..This could have important implications on how effective artificial sweeteners are in their ability to substitute sugar intake...
- Current status of functional imaging in eating disordersGuido K W Frank
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Int J Eat Disord 45:723-36. 2012..In this article, we review the current state of brain imaging in eating disorders, and how such techniques may help identify pathways that could be important in the treatment of those often detrimental disorders...