Linda S Franck
Affiliation: University of California
- Differences in parents', nurses' and physicians' views of NICU parent supportLinda S Franck
Department of Family Health Care Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Acta Paediatr 102:590-6. 2013..To measure the perceptions of parent support by parents, nurses and physicians...
- Pain and behaviour changes in children following surgeryNina Mary Power
UCL Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Arch Dis Child 97:879-84. 2012....
- Parent involvement in pain management for NICU infants: a randomized controlled trialLinda S Franck
School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Pediatrics 128:510-8. 2011..To demonstrate feasibility and estimate the effect of an intervention to increase parental involvement in infant pain management in the NICU on parents' stress and postdischarge parenting competence and confidence...
- Validity and generalizability of the Withdrawal Assessment Tool-1 (WAT-1) for monitoring iatrogenic withdrawal syndrome in pediatric patientsLinda S Franck
Department of Family Health Care Nursing, School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0606, USA
Pain 153:142-8. 2012..The WAT-1 shows good psychometric performance and generalizability when used to assess clinically important withdrawal symptoms in pediatric intensive care and general ward settings...
- A comparison of pain measures in newborn infants after cardiac surgeryLinda S Franck
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Pain 152:1758-65. 2011..Of the pain indices studied, the COMFORT score performed best, with both behavioural and physiological components providing significant contributions...
- Infant sleep after immunization: randomized controlled trial of prophylactic acetaminophenLinda Franck
Department of Family Health Care Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0606, USA
Pediatrics 128:1100-8. 2011..To determine the effects of acetaminophen and axillary temperature responses on infant sleep duration after immunization...
- Parents' perceptions of their infant's pain experience in the NICUGay Gale
Intensive Care Nursery, Children s Hospital and Research Center, Oakland, CA, USA
Int J Nurs Stud 41:51-8. 2004..Thematic content analysis was used to develop conceptual categories. Two broad themes were identified: (a) infant pain as a source of parental distress and (b) relief of parental distress due to infant's pain...
- Parental involvement in neonatal pain management: an empirical and conceptual updateLinda S Franck
Department of Family Health Care Nursing, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 44:45-54. 2012....