Linda S Franck
Affiliation: University of California
- Predictors of parent post-traumatic stress symptoms after child hospitalization on general pediatric wards: a prospective cohort studyLinda S Franck
University of California, San Francisco, United States University College London, United Kingdom Electronic address
Int J Nurs Stud 52:10-21. 2015..The aim of this study was to identify predictors of parental post-traumatic stress symptoms following child hospitalization...
- Knowledge translation of the HELPinKIDS clinical practice guideline for managing childhood vaccination pain: usability and knowledge uptake of educational materials directed to new parentsAnna Taddio
Clinical Social and Administrative Pharmacy, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, 144 College Street, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3M2, Canada
BMC Pediatr 13:23. 2013..The objectives of this study were to evaluate usability and effectiveness in terms of knowledge acquisition from the pamphlet and video in parents of newly born infants...
- Differences in parents', nurses' and physicians' views of NICU parent supportLinda S Franck
Department of Family Health Care Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Acta Paediatr 102:590-6. 2013..To measure the perceptions of parent support by parents, nurses and physicians...
- Pain and behaviour changes in children following surgeryNina Mary Power
UCL Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Arch Dis Child 97:879-84. 2012....
- Parent involvement in pain management for NICU infants: a randomized controlled trialLinda S Franck
School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Pediatrics 128:510-8. 2011..To demonstrate feasibility and estimate the effect of an intervention to increase parental involvement in infant pain management in the NICU on parents' stress and postdischarge parenting competence and confidence...
- Validity and generalizability of the Withdrawal Assessment Tool-1 (WAT-1) for monitoring iatrogenic withdrawal syndrome in pediatric patientsLinda S Franck
Department of Family Health Care Nursing, School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0606, USA
Pain 153:142-8. 2012..The WAT-1 shows good psychometric performance and generalizability when used to assess clinically important withdrawal symptoms in pediatric intensive care and general ward settings...
- A comparison of pain measures in newborn infants after cardiac surgeryLinda S Franck
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Pain 152:1758-65. 2011..Of the pain indices studied, the COMFORT score performed best, with both behavioural and physiological components providing significant contributions...
- Infant sleep after immunization: randomized controlled trial of prophylactic acetaminophenLinda Franck
Department of Family Health Care Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0606, USA
Pediatrics 128:1100-8. 2011..To determine the effects of acetaminophen and axillary temperature responses on infant sleep duration after immunization...
- Parents' perceptions of their infant's pain experience in the NICUGay Gale
Intensive Care Nursery, Children s Hospital and Research Center, Oakland, CA, USA
Int J Nurs Stud 41:51-8. 2004..Thematic content analysis was used to develop conceptual categories. Two broad themes were identified: (a) infant pain as a source of parental distress and (b) relief of parental distress due to infant's pain...
- Parental involvement in neonatal pain management: an empirical and conceptual updateLinda S Franck
Department of Family Health Care Nursing, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 44:45-54. 2012....
- Sleep-wake cycling in a neonate admitted to the NICU: a video-EEG case study during hypothermia treatmentAnna Axelin
Department of Family Health Care Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, USA
J Perinat Neonatal Nurs 27:263-73. 2013..Continuous video-electroencephalographic monitoring is a useful tool for longitudinal evaluation of infant sleep and responses to caregiving in the neonatal intensive care unit. ..
- Pediatric Cardiac Surgery Parent Education Discharge Instruction (PEDI) Program: A Pilot StudySandra L Staveski
University of California at San Francisco School of Nursing, San Francisco, CA, USA
World J Pediatr Congenit Heart Surg 6:18-25. 2015..The aim of this pilot study was to generate preliminary data on the feasibility and acceptability of the nurse-led structured discharge program on an Indian pediatric cardiac surgery unit...