Affiliation: University of California
- Effects of a health promotion program on sustaining health behaviors in older adultsP J Fox
Institute for Health and Aging, School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0646, USA
Am J Prev Med 13:257-64. 1997..This prospective randomized study evaluated the effectiveness of individualized assessment and counseling coupled with the receipt of a written health plan on client adherence to health behavior recommendations...
- Defining dementia: social and historical background of Alzheimer diseaseP J Fox
Institute for Health and Aging, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Genet Test 3:13-9. 1999..Both the biotechnology industry and AD activist organizations will play a role in the social implications of genetic testing for AD...
- Long-term care eligibility criteria for people with Alzheimer's diseaseP Fox
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Health Care Financ Rev 20:67-85. 1999..It is therefore important to consider both behavioral and mental-status-test criteria in establishing eligibility for community-based services for people with dementia...
- Patient and clinical site factors associated with rescreening behavior among older multiethnic, low-income womenPatrick Fox
Institute for Health and Aging, University of California, San Francisco, Laurel Heights Campus, San Francisco, CA 94143 0646, USA
Gerontologist 44:76-84. 2004..Our goal was to identify factors predictive of mammography rescreening within 18 months of baseline screening in multiethnic, low-income older women...
- Mammography rescreening among women of diverse ethnicities: patient, provider, and health care system factorsRegina Otero-Sabogal
University of California, San Francisco, School of Nursing, Institute for Health and Aging, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 15:390-412. 2004..This study suggests that simply removing financial barriers is not enough to improve mammography rescreening among underserved women...
- Patient and caregiver characteristics associated with depression in caregivers of patients with dementiaKenneth E Covinsky
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco and the San Francisco VA Medical Center, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
J Gen Intern Med 18:1006-14. 2003..The goal of this study was to determine the patient and caregiver characteristics associated with depression among caregivers of patients with dementia...
- Promoting best-care practices in childhood asthma: quality improvement in community health centersSibylle H Lob
Institute for Health and Aging, University of California, San Francisco, 3333 California St, San Francisco, CA 94143 0646, USA
Pediatrics 128:20-8. 2011..We hypothesized that a larger project could achieve comparable outcome improvements with streamlined quality-improvement processes and decreased technical assistance...
- Effects of the Medicare Alzheimer's disease demonstration on Medicare expendituresR Newcomer
Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Box 0612, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Health Care Financ Rev 20:45-65. 1999..These differences were or approached statistical significance in two sites for Medicare Part A and Parts A and B expenditures averaged over 3 years. Expenditure reductions approached budget neutrality with program costs in two sites...
- Improving asthma-related health outcomes among low-income, multiethnic, school-aged children: results of a demonstration project that combined continuous quality improvement and community health worker strategiesPatrick Fox
Institute for Health and Aging, University of California, 3333 California St, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Pediatrics 120:e902-11. 2007....
- The safe routes to school program in California: an updateClaudia Chaufan
Institute for Health and Aging, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Am J Public Health 102:e8-11. 2012..We summarize the evaluation of the first phase of an ongoing SRTS program in California and discuss ways to enhance data collection...
- Patient and caregiver characteristics and nursing home placement in patients with dementiaKristine Yaffe
University of California, San Francisco, Box 111G, 4150 Clement St, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
JAMA 287:2090-7. 2002..Most studies have determined predictors of nursing home placement primarily according to patient or caregiver characteristics alone...
- Timely follow-up among multicultural women with abnormal mammogramsPamela Arnsberger
School of Social Work, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI 96814, USA
Am J Health Behav 30:51-61. 2006..To examine factors influencing time from screening to final diagnosis among multicultural women with abnormal mammograms using the precede-proceed model...
- Cervical intraepithelial lesions and cervical cancer among Asian Pacific Islander women in a cervical cancer screening programPamela Arnsberger
School of Social Work, University of New England, Biddeford, Maine, USA
Health Care Women Int 23:450-9. 2002..We conclude that women of API origin may not be accessing health care sufficiently early to prevent increasingly severe final diagnoses...