Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Teaching normal development using stimulus videotapes in psychiatric educationGeri Fox
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 840 S Wood Street, M C 747, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Acad Psychiatry 27:283-8. 2003..The literature on the use of stimulus videotape in psychiatric education is reviewed, with particular attention to its use in teaching normal development...
- Improving child and adolescent psychiatry education for medical students: an inter-organizational collaborative action planGeraldine S Fox
Dept of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL, USA
Acad Psychiatry 36:461-4. 2012..This paper outlines the task force design and strategic plan to address the long-standing dearth of CAP training for medical students...
- Work-family balance and academic advancement in medical schoolsGeri Fox
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1747 W Roosevelt Rd, Mailroom 155, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
Acad Psychiatry 30:227-34. 2006..This study examines various options that a faculty member might exercise to achieve work-family balance in academic medicine and their consequences for academic advancement...
- Teaching development in undergraduate and graduate medical educationGeri Fox
Department of Psychiatry, Institute for Juvenile Research, 1747 West Roosevelt Road, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 16:67-94, viii-ix. 2007..The challenges of teaching development to various groups of trainees with different required course lengths and expected levels of competency, using lifespan and topical approaches, are reviewed...
- Balancing act: a work in progress notesGeri Fox
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1747 West Roosevelt Road, Mailroom 155, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
Acad Psychiatry 31:138-42. 2007
- Children's turn-arounds in psychotherapy: the doctor's gestureLenore C Terr
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Psychoanal Study Child 61:56-81. 2006..Therapeutic "moments" occur in a broad range of disorders, that in many cases are also being treated simultaneously with medications, and with family or institutional counseling...