Ervin H Fox
Affiliation: University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Genome-wide association study of cardiac structure and systolic function in African Americans: the Candidate Gene Association Resource (CARe) studyErvin R Fox
Department of Medicine, University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 North State St, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 6:37-46. 2013..Using data from 4 community-based cohorts of African Americans, we tested the association between genome-wide markers (single-nucleotide polymorphisms) and cardiac phenotypes in the Candidate-gene Association Resource study...
- Relation of obesity to circulating B-type natriuretic peptide concentrations in blacks: the Jackson Heart StudyErvin R Fox
University of Mississippi Medical Center, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, 2500 N State St, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Circulation 124:1021-7. 2011..Whether this phenomenon may contribute to hypertension in blacks is unknown. We tested the hypothesis that body mass index is inversely related to BNP concentrations in blacks...
- Heritability and genetic linkage of left ventricular mass, systolic and diastolic function in hypertensive African Americans (From the GENOA Study)Ervin R Fox
Department of Medicine, University of Mississippi School of Medicine, Jackson, USA
Am J Hypertens 23:870-5. 2010..We used pedigree information from 454 tandem markers across the genome to estimate the heritability and linkage of various echocardiographic measures of LV structure and function in a cohort of African-American hypertensive siblings...
- The relation of C--reactive protein to chronic kidney disease in African Americans: the Jackson Heart StudyErvin R Fox
Department of Medicine, University of Mississippi School of Medicine, Jackson, MS, USA
BMC Nephrol 11:1. 2010..73 m2) than their counterparts of European-descent. Inflammation has been related to renal disease in non-Hispanic whites, but there are limited data on the role of inflammation in renal dysfunction in African Americans in the community...
- Epidemiology, heritability, and genetic linkage of C-reactive protein in African Americans (from the Jackson Heart Study)Ervin R Fox
University of Mississippi School of Medicine, Jackson, Mississippi, USA
Am J Cardiol 102:835-41. 2008..72. In conclusion, in this large population-based cohort of African Americans, circulating CRP concentration was heritable and associated with several traditional cardiovascular risk factors, particularly body mass index...
- Epidemiology of pure valvular regurgitation in the large middle-aged African American cohort of the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities studyErvin R Fox
University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Am Heart J 154:1229-34. 2007..There are limited data on the prevalence and the clinical and echocardiographic correlates of pure valvular regurgitation in African Americans despite the higher rates of cardiovascular disease in this group...
- Echocardiographic left ventricular mass index predicts incident stroke in African Americans: Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) StudyErvin R Fox
Jackson Heart Study, Department of Medicine, University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500, N State St, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Stroke 38:2686-91. 2007..Despite theories that link stroke to left ventricular mass, few large, population-based studies have examined the predictive value of echocardiographically derived left ventricular mass index (LVMI) to incident stroke in African Americans...
- Left ventricular geometric patterns in the Jackson cohort of the Atherosclerotic Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study: clinical correlates and influences on systolic and diastolic dysfunctionErvin R Fox
The NHLBI s Jackson Heart Study, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Am Heart J 153:238-44. 2007....
- New onset heart failure in a 29-year-old: A case report of isolated left ventricular noncompactionErvin H Fox
University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
South Med J 99:1130-3. 2006..Final management consisted of traditional medical therapy for congestive heart failure, an implantable cardiac defibrillator (ICD), warfarin anticoagulation for the prevention of thromboembolism and referral for cardiac transplant...
- The prognostic value of the mitral diastolic filling velocity ratio for all-cause mortality and cardiovascular morbidity in African Americans: the Atherosclerotic Risks in Communities (ARIC) studyErvin R Fox
NHLBI s Atherosclerotic Risk in Communities Study, Jackson, MS, USA
Am Heart J 152:749-55. 2006..Although recent data suggest that the mitral diastolic early-to-late (E/A) ratio may be prognostic in selected population-based cohorts, its predictive value for morbidity and mortality in African Americans has not yet been well studied...
- Cardiac papillary fibroelastoma presents as an acute embolic stroke in a 35-year-old African American maleErvin Fox
Department of Medicine, The University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi, USA
Am J Med Sci 331:91-4. 2006..A thrombus was noted on the tip of the specimen, supporting the theory that these masses are risks for strokes secondary to damage along the endothelial lining predisposing to subsequent fibrin deposition and mural thrombus formation...
- Left ventricular mass indexed to height and prevalent MRI cerebrovascular disease in an African American cohort: the Atherosclerotic Risk in Communities studyErvin R Fox
NHLBI Jackson Heart Study, Mississippi, USA
Stroke 36:546-50. 2005..Despite the greater burden of stroke, the echocardiographic predictors of stroke in African Americans remain poorly understood...
- Epidemiology of mitral annular calcification and its predictive value for coronary events in African Americans: the Jackson Cohort of the Atherosclerotic Risk in Communities StudyErvin Fox
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute s Jackson Heart Study, Jackson, Miss, USA
Am Heart J 148:979-84. 2004....
- Body mass index and blood pressure influences on left ventricular mass and geometry in African Americans: The Atherosclerotic Risk In Communities (ARIC) StudyErvin Fox
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 North State Street, Jackson, MS 39216 4505, USA
Hypertension 44:55-60. 2004..The effect on left ventricular geometry as measured by relative wall thickness supports the theory that there is a pathophysiological component in the mechanism of hypertrophy...
- Clinical correlates and heritability of QT interval duration in blacks: the Jackson Heart StudyErmeg L Akylbekova
Jackson State University, Jackson Heart Study, Jackson, Miss, USA
Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 2:427-32. 2009..We sought to investigate potential correlates of the QT interval and estimate its heritability in the Jackson Heart Study...
- Atherosclerotic vascular disease in systemic lupus erythematosusMatthew H Liang
Department of Medicine, Robert B Brigham Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases Clinical Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 94:813-9. 2002..The study of the best and most effective means to prevent ASVD in SLE and in African Americans with SLE and in African Americans with SLE should be a major priority...