ANDREA SARAH FOULKES
Affiliation: University of Massachusetts
- Mixed modeling of meta-analysis P-values (MixMAP) suggests multiple novel gene loci for low density lipoprotein cholesterolAndrea S Foulkes
Division of Biostatistics, School of Public Health and Health Sciences at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e54812. 2013..Overall, MixMAP offers novel and complementary information as compared to SNP-based analysis approaches and is straightforward to implement with existing open-source statistical software tools...
- Metabolic and anthropometric parameters contribute to ART-mediated CD4+ T cell recovery in HIV-1-infected individuals: an observational studyLivio Azzoni
HIV 1 Immunopathogenesis Laboratory, The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Int AIDS Soc 14:37. 2011..We sought to determine if adiposity and molecules associated with lipid metabolism may affect the response to ART and the degree of subsequent immune reconstitution, and to assess their ability to predict CD4 recovery...
- Association between HIV replication and serum leptin levels: an observational study of a cohort of HIV-1-infected South African womenLivio Azzoni
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Int AIDS Soc 13:33. 2010..Advanced HIV infection can result in lipoatrophy and wasting, even in the absence of ongoing opportunistic infections, suggesting that HIV may directly affect adipose tissue amount and distribution...
- Application of two machine learning algorithms to genetic association studies in the presence of covariatesBareng A S Nonyane
Division of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, School of Public Health and Health Sciences, University of Massachusetts Amherst, MA, USA
BMC Genet 9:71. 2008..The performance of these algorithms, however, in the presence of covariates is not well characterized...
- R statistical tools for gene discoveryAndrea S Foulkes
Division of Biostatistics, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, 01003, USA
Methods Mol Biol 760:73-90. 2011..Through applications to simulated data, we explore the relative utility of each approach for uncovering underlying association between genetic polymorphisms and a quantitative trait...
- A likelihood-based approach to mixed modeling with ambiguity in cluster identifiersAndrea S Foulkes
Division of Biostatistics, School of Public Health and Health Sciences, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, USA
Biostatistics 9:635-57. 2008..An example is provided based on data arising from a cohort of human immunodeficiency virus type-1-infected individuals at risk for antiretroviral therapy-associated dyslipidemia...
- Mixed modeling and multiple imputation for unobservable genotype clustersA S Foulkes
Division of Biostatistics, University of MA School of Public Health and Health Sciences, 715 N Pleasant Street, Amherst, MA 01003 9304, USA
Stat Med 27:2784-801. 2008..A simulation study is also presented to describe the method performance...
- Associations among race/ethnicity, ApoC-III genotypes, and lipids in HIV-1-infected individuals on antiretroviral therapyAndrea S Foulkes
School of Public Health and Health Sciences, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Med 3:e52. 2006..However, the association of race/ethnicity, or candidate gene effects across race/ethnicity, with plasma lipid levels in HIV-1-infected individuals, has not been reported...
- Mixed modelling to characterize genotype-phenotype associationsA S Foulkes
Department of Biostatistics, University of Massachusetts, School of Public Health, 404 Arnold House, 715N Pleasant Street, Amherst, MA 01003 9304, USA
Stat Med 24:775-89. 2005....
- Characterizing the relationship between HIV-1 genotype and phenotype: prediction-based classificationA S Foulkes
Department of Biostatistics, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Biometrics 58:145-56. 2002..A data set of 2,746 sequences and the corresponding Indinavir 50% inhibitory concentrations are described and used for illustrative purposes...
- MDR and PRP: a comparison of methods for high-order genotype-phenotype associationsL Bastone
Division of Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Hum Hered 58:82-92. 2004..Both approaches are applied to a case-control study assessing the effect of eleven single nucleotide polymorphisms on coronary artery calcification in people at risk for cardiovascular disease...
- Methods for high-dimensional data in HIV researchAndrea Foulkes; Fiscal Year: 2009....