Affiliation: University of Utah
- Validating FDG-PET as a biomarker for frontotemporal dementiaNorman L Foster
Department of Neurology and Institute of Gerontology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Exp Neurol 184:S2-8. 2003..Additional carefully designed clinical trials are needed to validate FDG-PET as a diagnostic biomarker...
- Commentary on "a roadmap for the prevention of dementia II. Leon Thal Symposium 2008." Innovations in care that advance Alzheimer's disease drug developmentNorman L Foster
Center for Alzheimer s Care, Imaging, and Research, Department of Neurology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Alzheimers Dement 5:159-62. 2009..These innovations can simultaneously improve the translation of research advances, and benefit AD research...
- Realizing the potential of positron emission tomography with 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose to improve the treatment of Alzheimer's diseaseNorman L Foster
Center for Alzheimer s Care, Imaging and Research, Department of Neurology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Alzheimers Dement 4:S29-36. 2008..The judicious use of FDG-PET is needed to accelerate the evaluation of promising new drugs and more rationally target treatments for dementing diseases...
- FDG-PET improves accuracy in distinguishing frontotemporal dementia and Alzheimer's diseaseNorman L Foster
Center for Alzheimer s Care, Imaging and Research and Department of Neurology, University of Utah, USA
Brain 130:2616-35. 2007..FDG-PET adds important information that appropriately increases diagnostic confidence, even among experienced dementia specialists...
- Adaptive Markov modeling for mutual-information-based, unsupervised MRI brain-tissue classificationSuyash P Awate
School of Computing, Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute, University of Utah, 50 South Central Campus Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Med Image Anal 10:726-39. 2006..Combined with an atlas-based initialization, it is completely automatic. Experiments on real, simulated, and multimodal data demonstrate the advantages of the method over the current state-of-the-art...
- Quantifying metabolic asymmetry modulo structure in Alzheimer's diseaseP Thomas Fletcher
School of Computing, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Inf Process Med Imaging 20:446-57. 2007..We present results from applying the methodology to images from the Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI)...
- A comparison of classification methods for differentiating fronto-temporal dementia from Alzheimer's disease using FDG-PET imagingRoger Higdon
University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Stat Med 23:315-26. 2004..Methods using PLS appear to be more successful. Averaging or using VOI data may also be helpful...
- Multivariate and univariate neuroimaging biomarkers of Alzheimer's diseaseChristian Habeck
Taub Institute, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuroimage 40:1503-15. 2008..Multivariate measures of AD utilize the covariance structure of imaging data and provide complementary, clinically relevant information that may be superior to univariate measures...
- A new framework for the diagnosis of Alzheimer's diseaseNorman L Foster
Lancet Neurol 6:667-9. 2007
- The Uniform Data Set (UDS): clinical and cognitive variables and descriptive data from Alzheimer Disease CentersJohn C Morris
Washington University, St Louis, MO 63108, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 20:210-6. 2006..Data obtained with the UDS are submitted to the National Alzheimer's Coordinating Center and represent a unique and valuable source of data to support and stimulate collaborative research...
- Mixed dementia: emerging concepts and therapeutic implicationsKenneth M Langa
Division of General Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, USA
JAMA 292:2901-8. 2004..The prevalence of mixed dementia, defined as the coexistence of Alzheimer disease (AD) and vascular dementia (VaD), is likely to increase as the population ages...
- Out-of-pocket health care expenditures among older Americans with dementiaKenneth M Langa
Division of General Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, 48109 0429, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 18:90-8. 2004....
- Predicting nursing home admission: estimates from a 7-year follow-up of a nationally representative sample of older AmericansJane Banaszak-Holl
Department of Health Management and Policy, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109 2029, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 18:83-9. 2004..Interventions for individuals with dementia should impact the behavioral aspects of the condition and slow disease progression in addition to improving physical functioning...
- Mild cognitive impairment can be distinguished from Alzheimer disease and normal aging for clinical trialsMichael Grundman
Alzheimer s Disease Cooperative Study, Department of Neurosciences, University of California San Diego, 8950 Villa La Jolla Drive, Suite 227, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Arch Neurol 61:59-66. 2004..The Memory Impairment Study (MIS) is a multicenter clinical trial in patients with MCI designed to evaluate whether vitamin E or donepezil is effective at delaying the time to a clinical diagnosis of AD...
- Pilot Collaborative PET Imaging TrialNorman Foster; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition to its scientific aims, this pilot trial also will evaluate subject selection and consensus panel procedures and uniform image acquisition and quality control methods needed for the large-scale study. ..