Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- The great stem cell debate: where are we now? Cloning, chimeras, and cashNorman Fost
Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin Hospital, Madison, WI 53792, USA
WMJ 105:16-7. 2006
- Growth-attenuation therapy: principles for practiceDavid B Allen
Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, H4 448 CSC Pediatrics, 600 Highland Ave, Madison, WI 53792 4108, USA
Pediatrics 123:1556-61. 2009..Because of the publicity and debate surrounding the first reported case, ethics consultation is recommended...
- Recovery of birth weight z score within 2 years of diagnosis is positively associated with pulmonary status at 6 years of age in children with cystic fibrosisHuiChuan J Lai
Departments of Nutritional Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Pediatrics 123:714-22. 2009..The present study examined the impact of this early weight recovery on subsequent growth pattern and pulmonary status at 6 years of age...
- An Institutional Review Board dilemma: responsible for safety monitoring but not in controlDavid L Demets
Biostatistics and Medical Informatics, University of Wisconsin, 600 Highland Avenue, Box 4675, K6 446 CSC, Madison, WI 53792 4675, USA
Clin Trials 3:142-8. 2006..We propose the establishment of institutional data monitoring committees and appropriate informatics infrastructure to monitor local trials...
- hGH for short stature: ethical issues raised by expanded accessDavid B Allen
Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin 53792-4108, USA
J Pediatr 144:648-52. 2004
- Prenatal screening for cystic fibrosis: where are we now?Philip M Farrell
Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin Madison, USA
J Pediatr 141:758-63. 2002
- America's Gulag ArchipelagoNorman Fost
Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2369-70. 2004
- Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations: effect on medical record researchNorman Fost
Departments of Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Ann Surg 239:772-6; discussion 776-8. 2004..It is unclear whether or to what degree the new requirements add to protection of privacy. Studies designed to investigate the costs and effects on quantity and/or quality of research should be prospectively implemented...
- Gather ye shibboleths while ye mayNorman Fost
University of Wisconsin, USA
Am J Bioeth 5:14-5. 2005
- The dysregulation of human subjects researchNorman Fost
JAMA 298:2196-8. 2007