Nicholas K Foreman
Affiliation: University of Colorado
- Gefitinib is effective against juvenile pilocytic astrocytoma in vitroNicholas K Foreman
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center UCDHSC and The Children s Hospital, Denver, Colorado
Pediatr Blood Cancer 47:293-8. 2006..To explore the possibility for a novel therapeutic approach we measured the effect of the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) small molecule tyrosine kinase inhibitor gefitinib on five JPA primary cell-cultures...
- A study of sequential high dose cyclophosphamide and high dose carboplatin with peripheral stem-cell rescue in resistant or recurrent pediatric brain tumorsN K Foreman
The Children s Hospital, Denver, and The University of Colorado, Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80218, USA
J Neurooncol 71:181-7. 2005..To determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of carboplatin with autologous hematopoietic stem-cell rescue, in children with poor-prognosis brain tumors...
- Molecular array analyses of 51 pediatric tumors shows overlap between malignant intracranial ectomesenchymoma and MPNST but not medulloblastoma or atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumorB K Kleinschmidt-Demasters
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Science Center, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, B 216, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Acta Neuropathol 113:695-703. 2007..This suggests a common stem cell origin or embryonic gene recapitulation for these tumors and provides novel insights into their underlying biology...
- Radiation-induced glioblastoma multiforme in children treated for medulloblastoma with characteristics of both medulloblastoma and glioblastoma multiformeJennifer R Madden
Department of Neuro Oncology, The Children s Hospital, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 32:e272-8. 2010..We recommend biopsy for tissue confirmation and genetic expression profile to shed light on the etiology of radiation-induced neoplasms...
- Claudin 6 is a positive marker for atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumorsDiane K Birks
Department of Neurosurgery, Anschutz Medical Campus, University of Colorado at Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Brain Pathol 20:140-50. 2010..IHC staining results closely matched the level of mRNA expression detected by microarray. CLDN6 may be a useful positive marker to help further identify AT/RTs for diagnostic and treatment purposes...
- Clinical and molecular characteristics of congenital glioblastomaMargaret E Macy
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
Neuro Oncol 14:931-41. 2012..Further study may determine whether identified gene expression differences contribute to the improved survival seen in these tumors...
- Predicting which children are at risk for ependymoma relapseKristina Sowar
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center UCDHSC and Denver Children s Hospital, Denver, Colorado 80045, USA
J Neurooncol 78:41-6. 2006..In summary, gene expression profiling may be valuable, perhaps in combination with clinical findings identified in some studies, for identifying children at high risk for ependymoma relapse...
- PARP1 expression in pediatric central nervous system tumorsValerie N Barton
Department of Pediatrics, Anschutz Medical Campus, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 53:1227-30. 2009..Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 (PARP1) is a DNA repair protein that has been studied in a variety of malignancies and may interfere with therapy-induced DNA damage, however expression in pediatric CNS tumors is unknown...
- MGMT promoter methylation correlates with survival benefit and sensitivity to temozolomide in pediatric glioblastomaAndrew M Donson
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center and Denver Children s Hospital, Denver, Colorado, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 48:403-7. 2007..We explored MGMT promoter methylation in pediatric GBM and its relationship to survival and temozolomide sensitivity...
- MicroRNA 218 acts as a tumor suppressor by targeting multiple cancer phenotype-associated genes in medulloblastomaSujatha Venkataraman
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Colorado, University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado 80045, USA
J Biol Chem 288:1918-28. 2013..Additional work further confirmed CDK6, RICTOR, and CTSB (cathepsin B) as targets of miR-218 and examined the functional role of one of these targets, CDK6, in medulloblastoma...
- Pediatric rhabdoid tumors of kidney and brain show many differences in gene expression but share dysregulation of cell cycle and epigenetic effector genesDiane K Birks
Department of Neurosurgery, Anschutz Medical Campus, University of Colorado at Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80010, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 60:1095-102. 2013..The aim of this study was to determine genes and biological process dysregulated in common to both AT/RTs and KRTs...
- Radiographic response at end of therapy with carboplatin and vincristine as a prognostic indicator in children with low-grade astrocytomaKira Wendorf
Department of Radiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver and The Children s Hospital, Denver, Colorado 80218, USA
Med Pediatr Oncol 41:566-7. 2003
- Inhibition of BRD4 attenuates tumor cell self-renewal and suppresses stem cell signaling in MYC driven medulloblastomaSujatha Venkataraman
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Colorado and University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
Oncotarget 5:2355-71. 2014..Our work indicates that BRD4 inhibition attenuates stem cell signaling in MYC driven medulloblastoma and demonstrates the feasibility BET domain inhibition as a therapeutic approach in vivo. ..
- Interpretation of magnetic resonance images in diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma: a survey of pediatric neurosurgeonsTodd C Hankinson
Division of Pediatric Neurosurgery, The Children s Hospital of Colorado, University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado 80045, USA
J Neurosurg Pediatr 8:97-102. 2011..This study sought to examine the consistency of North American pediatric neurosurgeons in assessing MR images in this patient population, and in their surgical plans based on the interpretation of those images...
- Vascular abnormalities in pediatric craniopharyngioma patients treated with radiation therapyArthur K Liu
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 52:227-30. 2009..We report on the incidence of vascular abnormalities seen in the children with craniopharyngioma who received radiation therapy at our institution...
- Brain stem glioma in a child: false diagnosis of radiation necrosis with FDG PETLaura Z Fenton
The Children s Hospital, Department of Radiology, Denver, Colorado 80218, USA
Med Pediatr Oncol 40:260-2. 2003
- Creative arts therapy improves quality of life for pediatric brain tumor patients receiving outpatient chemotherapyJennifer R Madden
University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Pediatr Oncol Nurs 27:133-45. 2010..With heightened interest in complementary therapy for children with cancer, future research with a larger sample size is needed to document the impact of incorporating creative arts into the healing process...
- Memory deficits in patients with pediatric CNS germ cell tumorsGreta N Wilkening
The Children s Hospital, Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 57:486-91. 2011..Although case studies suggest that memory deficits may be associated with GCT, this is the first study to investigate memory function across a series of pediatric intracranial GCT patients...
- Measurement of tamoxifen-induced apoptosis in glioblastoma by cytometric bead analysis of active caspase-3Joy K Zartman
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, The Children s Hospital, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Neurooncol 67:3-7. 2004..Cytometric bead array provides a rapid technique for measuring apoptosis and the kinetics of caspase-3 activity in glioblastoma...
- Cytotoxicity of glioblastoma cells mediated ex vivo by varicella-zoster virus-specific T cellsJennifer Canniff
Department of Pediatrics, University Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Denver, CO, USA
J Neurovirol 17:448-54. 2011..The protective effect of prior VZV infection against the incidence of glioma may be mediated by CTL that recognizes epitopes shared by VZV and glioma cells...
- Pilomyxoid astrocytoma: neuroimaging with clinicopathologic correlates in 4 cases followed over timeSirisha T Komakula
Department of Radiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 29:465-70. 2007..Radiologists should consider this diagnosis particularly in young children with hypothalamic tumors that lack the typical cystic appearance seen in PA...
- Experience with electrolyte levels after craniotomy for pediatric brain tumorsJennifer R Madden
Department of Oncology, The Children s Hospital, University of Colorado Medical School, Denver, CO 80218, USA
J Pediatr Oncol Nurs 27:21-3. 2010..The nurse is in the ideal role to monitor closely the pediatric brain tumor patient at high risk for abnormal sodium levels...
- Atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumor of the central nervous system in children: an atypical series and reviewLaura Z Fenton
Department of Radiology, The Children s Hospital, 1056 East 19th Avenue B125, Denver, CO 80218, USA
Pediatr Radiol 33:554-8. 2003..We present four consecutive cases of AT/RhT, three in locations other than the cerebellum, seen at our institution in a 14-month period, indicating that this tumor may be more common than previously thought...
- Midpoint CD34 measurement as a predictor of PBPC product yield in pediatric patients undergoing high-dose chemotherapyRameshwar S Sidhu
Department of Pathology and Department of Pediatrics Hematology and Oncology Division, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, The Children s Hospital, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Clin Apher 21:165-8. 2006..5 of 5 TBV initially set to predict the maximum goal of CD34 cells /kg needed on the same day of PBPC collection; and (3) PBPC collection in pediatric patients <10 kg body weight (as low as 5.8 kg body weight)...
- Germ cell tumors of the brainstem: report on two cases with pulmonary complications and a review of the literatureJenny Madden
Department of Neuro Oncology, The Children s Hospital, Aurora, CO, USA
J Neurooncol 93:405-8. 2009..The two patients did well, in terms of disease control, but have significant morbidity related to respiratory issues. One patient remains ventilator dependent and the second died from respiratory arrest...
- Cytogenetics in pediatric low-grade astrocytomasLesley C Orr
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Med Pediatr Oncol 38:173-7. 2002..The literature on adults with LGA suggest better survival for those whose tumors have normal cytogenetics compared to those with abnormal. We hypothesized this would also be true of children with low-grade astrocytomas...
- Paired overexpression of ErbB3 and Sox10 in pilocytic astrocytomaSteven O Addo-Yobo
Department of Pediatrics and Pathology, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center UCDHSC, 80045, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 65:769-75. 2006....
- Unique molecular characteristics of radiation-induced glioblastomaAndrew M Donson
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 66:740-9. 2007..Western blot analyses confirmed that ErbB3, Sox10, and platelet-derived growth factor receptor-alpha proteins were consistently expressed in RIGs but rarely in pediatric GBMs...