Chandra L Ford
Affiliation: University of California
- Belief in AIDS-related conspiracy theories and mistrust in the government: relationship with HIV testing among at-risk older adultsChandra L Ford
Address correspondence to Chandra L Ford, MLIS, Department of Community Health Sciences, Box 951772, UCLA Fielding School of Public Health, 650 Charles E Young Dr, South, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772 E mail
Gerontologist 53:973-84. 2013..g., HIV was created to eliminate certain groups) and mistrust in the government, may influence whether adults undergo HIV testing. We examined relationships between these factors and recent HIV testing among at-risk, older adults...
- Perceived everyday racism, residential segregation, and HIV testing among patients at a sexually transmitted disease clinicChandra L Ford
Department of Epidemiology, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Am J Public Health 99:S137-43. 2009..We sought to determine whether perceiving everyday racism and racial segregation influence Black HIV testing behavior...
- Critical Race Theory, race equity, and public health: toward antiracism praxisChandra L Ford
Department of Community Health Sciences, UCLA School of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Public Health 100:S30-5. 2010....
- A new conceptualization of ethnicity for social epidemiologic and health equity researchChandra L Ford
Department of Community Health Sciences, School of Public Health, 650 Charles E Young Dr, South, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, United States
Soc Sci Med 71:251-8. 2010..As ethnicity is both increasingly complex and increasingly central to social life, improving its conceptualization and measurement is crucial for advancing research on ethnic health inequities...
- The public health critical race methodology: praxis for antiracism researchChandra L Ford
Department of Community Health Sciences, Box 951772, School of Public Health, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
Soc Sci Med 71:1390-8. 2010..PHCR aids the study of contemporary racial phenomena, illuminates disciplinary conventions that may inadvertently reinforce social hierarchies and offers tools for racial equity approaches to knowledge production...
- Acceptance of routine ELISA testing among black women STD patients: relationship to patient-provider racial concordanceChandra L Ford
Department of Epidemiology, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Sex Transm Dis 35:211-3. 2008
- The foundation of modern racial categories and implications for research on black/white disparities in healthNina T Harawa
Department of Research, Charles Drew University, Los Angeles, California 90059, USA
Ethn Dis 19:209-17. 2009....
- Discrimination, drugs, and alcohol among Latina/os in Brooklyn, New York: differences by genderAngie Denisse Otiniano Verissimo
UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Int J Drug Policy 24:367-73. 2013..Based on a stress-coping framework, the present study investigates the relationship between discrimination and substance use, and the moderating effects of gender...
- Windows of opportunity: fundamental concepts for understanding alcohol-related disparities experienced by young Blacks in the United StatesDionne C Godette
School of Public Health, Youth Alcohol Prevention Center, Boston University, 715 Albany Street, 580 3rd Floor, Boston, Massachusetts 02118 2526, USA
Prev Sci 7:377-87. 2006..We also recommend methodologies that allow for more nuanced understandings of the etiology and prevention of alcohol use and alcohol-related problems experienced by young Blacks than have been available to date...